Heard hb on doppler 8+w & now can't 13w

LuvallmyH

The 1 whom many call Mom
Reaction score
I was able to get the baby's hb on my doppler at 8w 4d. I got it in the same spot the 3 or 4 times I checked. It's exactly where my ob was able to get it at my 10w appt when I told him that was the spot. I haven't used the doppler in a few weeks. I've been under a decent amount of family stress (extended family) and I was looking for some soothing baby's hb could bring. I'm 13w. I can't find it! I tried once yesterday and 3x today. Nothing. I don't even hear anyone moving around in there. I can hear the placenta and my own hb. How worried should I be? I feel silly calling my ob, but at the same time I don't have another appt until July! They are spacing appt out every 8 weeks. I did't get my 12w scan because I had the nipt done. Thankfully it came back healthy baby boy. I'm scheduled for at 20w anatomy scan in July. I know this is 100% the exact reason not to use an at home doppler....

For your own peace of mind I would call - but that’s just me. It’s so hard when you can’t feel movement yet - 13 weeks baby is still fairly small, have you tried at different times of day? I would try with a full bladder too in case baby is hanging out lower down. They can also move to the back of your uterus where they’re hard to find. Personally I’ve noticed this 3rd baby is notoriously difficult for me to pick up on a Doppler - I had a much easier time with my older boys even at the same gestation

For your own peace of mind I would call - but that’s just me. It’s so hard when you can’t feel movement yet - 13 weeks baby is still fairly small, have you tried at different times of day? I would try with a full bladder too in case baby is hanging out lower down. They can also move to the back of your uterus where they’re hard to find. Personally I’ve noticed this 3rd baby is notoriously difficult for me to pick up on a Doppler - I had a much easier time with my older boys even at the same gestation
I tried morning, early afternoon and late afternoon today. Full bladder this afternoon. I'll try again first thing in the morning & see what happens. It was so easy when I first tried, l I didn't expect it to get harder. Thanks for the reply!

And now I'm bleeding.... My Dr office is closed for the day. I don't want to go to er so I have to wait until morning. I'm devastated. I had some light cramping earlier. I should have called then...

Oh no Is it heavy hon? If I was u I wud get strait to the ER. They will be able to do a ultrasound scan. I Lost my first baby at almost 11weeks after seeing it on a scan at 6 weeks with a HB, my bleeding was extremely heavy. It is common to have spotting or bleeding In the first trimester so Many women do. Please get checked out hon I’m thinking of you <3

As strange as it sounds I have more trouble finding heartbeat starting around 11 weeks until 16 or 17 weeks compared to me finding it at 9 and 10 weeks. I think it's because placenta can get in the way, baby more active, and uterus is larger. When I've not been able to find, I just try the next day and typically find it. I only check 1 to 2x a week but probably won't check anymore since I just had 16 week appt.

Oh sorry just saw update about bleeding, is it heavy? I think they say if filling pad in like an hour to go to er. I hope the bleeding isn't anything bad, thinking of you.

It was pink on the toilet paper. I inspected a little further (with clean hands) and it was a big goopy, red mass. Not like a clot, but with lots of mucus mixed in. I’m feeling mildly crampy pretty steady now. Dh made me try Doppler again and still nothing. My gut tells me it’s not good. But I haven’t felt like this was a take home baby from the beginning. I’ll call dr first thing in morning. I know they will see me tomorrow. I’m feeling pretty heavy right now. All my losses were before this. This would be a new experience for me. I keep trembling. It’s weird. My uterus feels heavy too. It can’t be good.

So sorry, hopefully it’s nothing bad :( I have a SCH and had a big bleed a couple days ago, it was red and scary - but it was just the clot coming out. Maybe you have the same thing. Hugs I hope they can give you some reassurance tomorrow

Sending :hugs: I pray baby is just hiding and spotting will be one of the positive stories on here for u,I would be freaking out like u as when I found baby’s hb at 9wks I could find it daily,sometimes it would take 15mins but I always could in the end so I’m sure ur sitting there for quite some time,gl xx

About to go in for my appt. Thank you for your support. I’ll update as soon as I can.

So very sorry for your loss :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->