heard on the news

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
That keeping a fan in your baby's room or a window open reduces the SIDS risk by 72%! We don't have a fan in Hannah's room but we have a fan in our room and keep the sliding doors between the two rooms open.

oh i didnt know that, we've got a fan we can put in Chloes room

thanks

i dont think that applies when the outside temperature is below 18oc!

it is better to keep the room cool than warm. one book said 68 f was best but that is too cold for me.

I've just been talking about this with DH. He likes to keep the house "rather" warm (constant 23 celcius!) and I've told him he's going to have to get used to it being cooler. I'm hoping that as the bub is due in May it will be just about the right temp and then we can start using the fan.

I don't keep the window in my room open,but there is a fan and she sleeps there at night.

I definitely have to put a fan in her room when she moves over!

alexa usually will not go to sleep in the evening without the fan going so it works perfectly! thanks for the info!

its way too hot in my damn room & i dont know why!!!
heating is on low & window is open but its still 24.2!!

im getting hot n angry!!

I have humidifier from vicks in max's room ..the air is super fresh and always cool in there

we always have a window open in our room for fresh air at the mo but i think it doesnt apply when its frezzing outside x

our window doesn't close properly...so it's always freezing in our room! Glad it's helping reduce the risk of sids even if we are able to see our breaths...

our window doesn't close properly...so it's always freezing in our room! Glad it's helping reduce the risk of sids even if we are able to see our breaths...

:rofl:

Aww, that's not very nice!

:rofl:

Aww, that's not very nice!

yeah...the landlord can't be bothered to fix it tho...therefore we won't do anything about the rotting window!

Thats because over heating is the second leading cause of SIDS. Alot of people only worry about smothering, when you also need to worry about how hot the baby is.
I usually keep the fan on at night since Colton also has covers on. Even though the air is on he will sweat under the covers, then wake up crying when he gets hot.

I am sure that if you just follow the instructions on bedding that baby will be fine, unless of course baby's room is above 22oc, in which case a fan will help! I find that sleeping bags are fantastic at keeping baby at the right temperature as they come with a clothing guide.

Yup I am a sleeping bag fan. Caitlyn often wakes up sweating though.. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->