Heard strong heartbeat.. But measuring small..?

rayraykay

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience..

Today I went in for my 7 week reassurance scan. Following a loss in November, my doctor knew I'd wanna see her before the standard 4 weeks after my first scan which showed me at about 5 or 5 1/2 weeks along. This time around we heard and saw the heartbeat. It was everything I had dreamed of, pumping away at 134 BPM. My only concern is that it's measuring at 6 weeks 5 days when I should be around 7 weeks and 2 or 3 days. My doctor assured me many times it was totally okay and as long as its within 6 days it's fine and normal. I did ovulate late in my cycle and she said that has something to do with it. I just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen and everything turn out alright. She said over and over it was okay and this appointment went wonderfully- but I'd love to know if others have had similar experiences.

Thank you and a healthy happy nine months to all!!!! :hugs:

At my 7 weeks i was measuring 6 weeks 4 days heart rate 154, then at the 8 weeks I was measuring 7 weeks 2 days heart rate 160. Then at my 13 weeks 5 day scan I was 13 weeks 3 days heart rate 164. My current check up he wasnt measured but the heart rate is now 170 and he's been playing catch up alot now. Mine was just a slow starter. Now hes finally almost at my original dating pre scans (i know when he was concieved because we only dtded once)

so dont feel to worried. It also has alot to do with the sonographer and the babys position. And that small they are less accurate. Mine had a whole week behind in the beginning. Now only 3 days off.

In my last pregnancy my son measured a week behind at 2 early scans so my consultant put my 12 week scan a back aweek, even though I was sure of my dates. Got to my 12 week scan and baby measured 13+3, bang on with my original dates! He is now acheeky 2 year old lol.

This time round I went for a scan at 8+2 and baby measured 7+2 but i'm not worried as it will probably just catch up like last time x

It can also depend on when baby implants as well as ovulation date :) and every mm is a day at this point so there can certainly be errors! Your measurements sound fine, and nothing to worry about, especially when you've heard such a lovely hb!

Congrats! XxxxxX

Thank you so much ladies. You have reassured me and made me feel so much better! Now I can just be happy!!!

Ray ray did baby catch up ok?

I'm in the same situ...baby measured 5mm around 6weeks an I should have been just over 7 weeks....I did ivf so dates bang on xx

Ray ray did baby catch up ok?

I'm in the same situ...baby measured 5mm around 6weeks an I should have been just over 7 weeks....I did ivf so dates bang on xx

With my daughter I was having follicle tracking and had a trigger shot and had proven ovulation, at my early scan I should have been 7+2 but only measured 5mm(abdominal, with heartbeat). The dating scan showed that my original dates were correct.

Similarly in my current pregnancy I should have been 6+4 at my early scan but again only measured 5mm, scan last week showed that I was actually 2 days ahead of my own dates so should have been 6+6 at my early scan.

I really wouldn't worry if I were you :hugs:

Sugar puff THANK you! Your reply has made me cry!

I'm back in on Tuesday having another one an then I'm going to refuse all other scans till 12weeks...research has shown me that embreyos grow at different rates and because there isn't a lot of early ones I think it's hopefully worried me unnessersarily...

Thank you again...xx

Ultrasounds can be off a week in either direction! They also may not have had the measure right on crown to rump exactly..u will see ur dates change all the time, but just go by the one they originally give u!

& weeks is really to early to worry about measurements, all babies grow differently, at different speeds. No one knows the exact date of implantation too.

Thanks ladies....I will update tomorrow after my scan :-/ x

I measured around a week behind at my 7 week scan! He soon caught up at the next scan xx

I haven't went back for my 2nd appointment yet but my first one was done 1 1/2 weeks ago. According to my period I should have been 7 weeks at that time but due to my periods being irregular the Doctor estimated me at only 5 weeks 2 days. You may not have ovulated "normally" and may not be as far along as initially thought.

Good luck!! and listen to your doctor :)

Just spotted this and wanted to say exactly this happened with both of my boys!
By my 12w scans they both measured ahead!

Hans I had ivf so know exactly when my eggs fertilised...

Dan great to see you outside of the molar forum...:) congrats on recent bundle!

Thanks for your kind words ladies, I'm feeling nervous! X

Unfortunately for me the outcome was not great, I measured 6 weeks 3 days with a super strong heartbeat but I knew exactly when I ovulated and implanted and I should have been 7 weeks 1 day.. Went back at 9 weeks 1 day and baby had stopped growing and no heartbeat a few days before this.. After our baby measured small the first scan I scoured the internet, I was looking for all good news, but really only found scary stuff with just a few positive stories here and there, so not to scare you but it can go both ways! My doctor wasn't concerned at all, just said I must have my days wrong.. but I just knew something wasn't right!! This time I will not be having an early scan because of the anxiety it caused last time! I will just wait and see!! Good luck and keep updated!! I wish the very best for you and your bean!! I would never wish what we went through on anyone, it's only been 7 weeks and it has been the hardest 7 weeks ever!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->