Heard strong heartbeat.. But measuring small..?

Thanks pink...I've read a total mixed review....your right it seems to be an equal split..

Honestly, I think I've already said goodbye and I think my little one passed on Saturday....no bleeding or anything but just a feeling...

Putting it this way....I will be more surprised to see a heartbeat than to not see one. Can only live in hope as this pregnancy was our last chance at 26 to have children.

Just one sleep to get through an I'm there....

So sorry for your loss pink, I lost my last pregnancy at 8 weeks exactly this time last year so feel your pain, July is not a happy month.

Xx

I have absolutely everything crossed for you for tomorrow hun. Xxx

Best of luck for your scan Aimze :hugs: I hope that everything's ok xx

I've been in a similar situation and its horrible.

I just miscarried and was off by few weeks. Strong heartbeat but struck me as to strong considering I was 7 weeks from measurment and HB was 180. Went this past thursday to ER to find baby was then 9w but gone, I had lost nipple/boob pain and Ms at least week prior. I know the feeling that baby is gone. I just could not bond anymore.

I just passed baby this am. I REALLY hope this is not your case. There are some cases where it is just a small baby or it catches up(mine did catch up as went from 7-9 in a week or less-who knows how off first US tech was in measuring though

Make sure to get a US photo either way.

Thank you for all the lovely replies. I really appreciate the support- this website is fabulous. Kittycat I am deeply sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage in November with my first pregnancy and was absolutely devastated. I can't tell you anything that will take away the pain but I can offer hope. I got my BFP April 6th and have had a healthy pregnancy so far, I'm almost 18 weeks now.

Sending everyone love. Thank you again for the answers.

Thanks for popping back raykay...im hoping my scan today went well like your x

No heartbeat today...can't believe happened again x

Oh I'm so sorry aimze :cry: you've been through so much, I really thought that you'd be okay :(

Aimze I'm so so sorry for your loss.

Pink I'm also so sorry for yours.

All I can offer you is love, support and hope that you will get your rainbow babies someday. But for now, I hope your family, friends and partner are loving and supportive. xoxoxo

Hi ladies! Not sure if anyone is on this thread anymore, but I needed to vent. I went for my second ultrasound today, I'm 7 weeks 2 days. I have a history of MC so they are doing scans every week through September. Last week, baby measured 6 weeks, which was only 2 days behind. This week the baby doubled in size, but was still only 6w3d, when I am 7w2d. Heartbeat was strong, up from 88 last week to 136 this week. Sac is small at 5w2d, which is the same as last month. I am really freaking out! My first MC was at 12 weeks, but the heart actually stopped at just past 8 weeks, which makes next weeks US all the more stressful. I'm not sure what to make of this! My doc says all is well and just focus on the increased heartbeat and the fact that the baby is growing, but of course I am worrying about everything else. How on earth will I last until next week and God forbid if something bad happens, how am I going to get through it again. This is it for us. If this doesn't work out, I'm done...so it makes this pregnancy all the more important!

Hi Sib!

First of all I am so sorry this is happening! It's great the baby is growing and that there's an increasing heartbeat. That is good news. My baby measured behind until our 13 week appointment, ever since then she's been on time. Sometimes, babies just start out slow and catch up later, or they had your dates wrong and the baby is really measuring just fine. I would definitely go with what your doctor is saying and just try to be grateful for the progress and increased heart rate. That is ALL good news. Please let me know how it goes, I will be thinking of you!

Thanks rayray! I've been online like crazy and surprisingly this time, I've found mostly good news. It seems they really shouldn't use size to date the baby until 8-12 weeks. Makes me feel a bit better. Thanks again! I'll definitely keep you posted.

I hope everything works out Sib4Owen :hugs:

It's really hard being in limbo land with nothing you can do but wait. I learnt to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Im measuring a week behind from my lmp dr said not to worry and the heartbeat was strong. Next appt is sept 26th I can't wait. Hope you have a happy healthy 9 months!!

Thanks Klys! It seems measuring small this early is actually common. My next scan is Wednesday. I'm getting weekly scans due to my history of miscarriage, which is also why I'm freaking out. Wishing you the best!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience..

Today I went in for my 7 week reassurance scan. Following a loss in November, my doctor knew I'd wanna see her before the standard 4 weeks after my first scan which showed me at about 5 or 5 1/2 weeks along. This time around we heard and saw the heartbeat. It was everything I had dreamed of, pumping away at 134 BPM. My only concern is that it's measuring at 6 weeks 5 days when I should be around 7 weeks and 2 or 3 days. My doctor assured me many times it was totally okay and as long as its within 6 days it's fine and normal. I did ovulate late in my cycle and she said that has something to do with it. I just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen and everything turn out alright. She said over and over it was okay and this appointment went wonderfully- but I'd love to know if others have had similar experiences.

Thank you and a healthy happy nine months to all!!!! :hugs:

Its perfect my boy measured 6w2d at 7 week scan by 12 hed caught up and then was born 10 days early weight 6lb6

Hi Everyone! Had my scan yesterday. Baby is fine. Doc said there is appropriate growth so he's not worried. Still measuring small, but I think it made up a day. I was 8w2d and baby measures 7w4d. Heartbeat was 182, last week was 136. So I'm feeling better for sure! Next scan on Wednesday, which should be my last weekly scan. My appointment is with the actual doc and I believe he is releasing me to my regular OB. Fingers crossed! The nausea has set it...everyone tells me it's a good sign (I was sick with my son as well), so I'm just hoping they are right! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->