Heart palpitations or arrhythmias?

Sophie2015

Reaction score
Anyone else having these? I'm prone to them but have done okay until tonight. Everything makes me nervous and these crazy heartbeats really do!

I'm prone to palpitations too, and they definitely get worse during pregnancy. I had a quick ECG at the docs and everything was fine. Maybe mention it to your midwife. As long as you're not dizzy, faint, in pain or passing out you are probably fine, but they are horrible. Mine settled in later pregnancy x

I've done okay sans caffeine until today. I'm wondering if the caffeine in the chocolate donuts I ate triggered it. Caffeine is a trigger for me esp if I haven't been getting it. And I haven't had any in half a year. Never thought a few mini donuts would do this but maybe so.

Caffeine and too much sugar does it to me. I get them worse in pregnancy, its bloody scary. If you get more worried about them get your Dr to monitor it.

I had it really bad starting at only 6 weeks and my heart rate would go up to 120 if I walked, even slowly! The palpitations got better and heart rate lowered as my body adjusted but my heart rate stayed at nearly 100 for the rest of the pregnancy. Dropped back to the mid 60s shortly after I gave birth.
Mention it to your dr for sure, but for the time being just take it easy while your body adjusts to the increasing blood pumped and hormones! Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->