Heart Palpitations?

sweetysangel8

Reaction score
Has anyone ever dealt with heart palpitations? I went to the walk in last night because the past week I've have a constant flutter feeling in my chest and my husband thought I was skipping heart beats. Turns out yes I'm skipping a beat about every 15 seconds and the doctor diagnosed me with palpitations and wants me to see my doctor to follow up, but he said that it's normal and about 10% of the population have it. I made an appointment for next week, but with us wanting to try to conceive in a month, I'm pretty concerned if it will affect anything. I don't drink caffeine, don't smoke, don't drink, taking a prenatal that has iron, so I'm guessing it's stress and anxiety related.

I've had palpitations for as long as I can remember. When I was pregnant I also developed a heart murmur so I was sent for an echocardiogram (ultrasound of my heart). Everything came back completely normal and didn't affect my pregnancy or my life at all.

I think it's a good idea to see the follow-up doctor as a precaution, but it's likely that there's nothing to be concerned about if you're not experiencing other symptoms related to the palpitations (like shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.).

I've had them my whole life as well. They got really bad in my early 20's and I almost lost consciousness once. After that I had an echocardiogram and a checkup, but everything was fine. I cut down on caffeine, which has helped, but stress can definitely trigger them for me.

When I start to have a bunch in a row I either take a deep breath or hit myself in the chest, and the beats go back to normal (although it looks really strange).

I used to worry about it a lot, but I did some reading and it said if one happens sporadically sometimes, or if they come a bunch in a row but the rhythm is still regular (which is what I get), that it's nothing to worry about.

I get this. I once got it really bad after some vigerous exercide and the other times is down to stress I think

At least I'm not alone. The more I think about it the more I think I've have them for a quite a while and I've just passed it off as just anxiety. But now that I've really noticed them it scares me a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->