Heart rate lower than usual

writingislove

Reaction score
I'm 23+6 and just had an appointment this morning, where the heart rate was in the 120s. At all of my ultrasounds and Doppler readings before, the heart rate has been in the 140s-150s. The OB wasn't concerned because it's still in the normal range, but I don't like how much slower it is than it ever has been...especially since baby was kicking like crazy when we got the reading this morning, so it definitely wasn't due to her sleeping.

Has this happened to anyone else? Just looking for some reassurance that this isn't completely abnormal.

Sophie was much the same, she often had a slower than usual heartrate and nothing was ever wrong.

My last check up (yesterday) showed baby's heartbeat to be about 142. That's A LOT lower than I've ever heard it, but my OB wasn't concerned at all. They'll definitely express concern when they feel worried about stuff. Babies HBs just continue to lower as time goes on.

My son's heartbeat was always in the 120's...he also never moved very much in the womb. Gave me lots of concern in pregnancy. Fast forward 3 years and he just doesn't QUIT! One of the most high energy kids I know. Never would have guessed that when he was inside of me, with the lower heartrate and lack of movement.

I'm sure your baby is fine. :) If your doctor wasn't worried, try not to worry.

The further you get along and the bigger baby gets, the heart rate will start to slow a bit too. Normally he's had a faster heart rate of around 160, but last appointment it was between 140-145.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->