Heart rate to tell the sex...?

Dona

Reaction score
How accurate is this? I've read that above 140 bpm it's a girl and below 140 bpm it's a boy.

My little one is currently up at 165 bpm.

Can you share your experience of this and how accurate it was. I really want a girl and I'm hoping this is accurate!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Charlies was always well above 140 and hes definatly a boy!

Its a strange one for me ...

Laylas was allways high = Yep she is a girl lol
Finnleys allways high = Nope hes deffinatley boy lol
This babys = Real low and yep deffinatley boy ...

So i guess there is no method to it , Each baby is different .
Shame some of theese old wives tales are not true . Good luck thow . xx.

My babies heart rate last week was 135, and she is a she!

My babys heart rate has always been above 150 and hes a boy =] xxx

my Girl's BPM have always been above 150

i believed this and was convinced LO was a boy cos heart rate was always around 135 lol

shes def a girl, have had 20 week scan and private 3d to check :p

I'm having a boy and his was always 155-160. It has slowed down since he's gotten bigger.

I can tell you it doesn't work and is an old wives tale lol. The babies heart rate slows any way towards the end of the second tri.

Keirra had a high hr - girl
Ryan had a high hr - boy
Shaun low hr - boy
this bump - high hr - girl

By high I mean over 145 and low is under that xxx

Thanks Girls, it's always good to guess! I will just have to wait and see what the sexing scan shows in three weeks time!
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

My little boy was really fast too - nearly 160 bpm when we first started listening to him at about 14 weeks. He's slowed down now too x

I asked my midwife about this - they don't write the heart rate on the maternity notes here, even though they measure it. She said that it's generally just an old wives tale, but holds truer just before birth, boys heart rates tend to slow more than girls, but not to use it as an indicator :D

We had a girl and during all of our visits/scans I don't recall it ever dropping below 135. It was mostly right around 150bpm

This theory is such bollocks. There are several points in the pregnancy where it'd be abnormal for any baby to have a heart rate below 140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->