heartburn from hell

mickey

Reaction score
I am getting very strong heartburn recently, especially when I bend or lie in bed trying to fall asleep :sad1:

does anybody know what can help against?

thx, Angie

You can take gaviscon

x

I keep a big bottle of gaviscon by my bed.....no spoon required!!! I normally wake in the night and have to take it a few times too! The Advance is better, its just like drinking water to me now!!

Don't eat before bed and don't lie down after eating if you can. You could also try Milk of Magnesia. Talk to you doctor and see what she says. Just don't overdo it and make sure you don't take anything with alot of sodium :)

Yep i used to drink Gaviscon like pop!!!

Ice lollies are a good one as well

I would have a glass of milk before bed, that always worked for me.

Yep Gaviscon for me!! went through a huge bottle a week!

thx all :hi:

is the Gaviscon save to take in pregnancy. I believe to rememeber I read somewhere it is not recommended to take over the counter remedies against heartburn in pregnancy?

Gaviscon is fine hunny, in fact mention it to your GP or Midwife and they may just write you prescription for a Huuuge bottle, thats what mine did with me? I used to get one every week LOL

I remember it all too well, most nights I slept almost sat up! I couldnt take the gaviscon liquid it makes me want to heave so I had the chewable tablets and they bring instant relief. definatly try gaviscon it is a god send and very safe when pg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->