heartburn!!!! Rant....

moonmagic

Baby due 10th May
Reaction score
Omg I feel like Iam going mad :cry: I have been suffering from heartburn for a while but its got so bad today I threw up after eating an apple :cry:
for the past week or two I have noticed that anything i eat just makes me ill and the worst thing is that iam not eating that much, I find that i have to force myself to eat. I used to eat so normal before i was pregnant and could eat so much more:hissy::hissy:
all i have had to eat today is a small bowl of fruit and fibre, chicken salad roll, noddles, oh a apple that made me ill and haven't eaten since. Now OH is going mad at me to eat but iam ill feeling :cry::cry:

I can totally sympathise :hugs: I have it very bad aswell and got a prescription from the doctor to help prevent it.

:hugs: you tried drinking loads of milk? works for me but i dont get it as bad as you, hope you feel better soon xxx

I get it really bad too :( havn't threw up from it luckily but i do feel like im going to an awful lot!

I get it quite bad too :( Like AC said I got a prescription from the doc for Rennie Liquid, works wonders!

I do find that if I have any fruit juice or acidy type fruit - apple, orange, pineapple then my heartburn starts almost before I've finished eating whatever it I am and is really nasty!

Otherwise I chew Rennie Fruit tablets like sweeties :rofl: Much nicers than minty ones and they work really quickly.

Hope you feel better soon :)

I have just started to get it, just hoping it doesn't get any worse now! Must be awful for you to have it so bad that you throw up.

Isn't it a nightmare! I have had to stop drinking orange juice which maybe isn't a big thing for alot of people but I don't drink tea or coffee and am trying to restrict fizzy juices so not much left! I have also noticed tomato based things like pasta sauces etc. are setting me off.

I have Rennies which work quick to calm things down and you are allowed to take when pregnant.

Hope it calms down soon for you because it is horrible xx

Aww hun, Im so sorry you are going through this, touch wood I have been lucky so far, if it really is bad I would go to the doctor hun to get something, I really hope it settles down for you soon, take care :hugs: XX

i have been suffering with this too! had some pasta for dinner the other night and was up half the night thinking i was goin to be sick my acid was so bad. the next night we went round the in laws for dinner and had curry, i ate LOADS of creamy and spicy currys (cream and spice are 2 things i was sure made it worse) and didn't need any gaviscone at all that night! i can't seem to work out much pattern to it at all!

its horrible tho i really feel for you! so many people don't really uinderstand how horrible it is if they have never had it i find.

Now, I know some people's first thought is why eat an apple when you've got acid but... there is method in this ladies madness...

I suffer with acid something chronic and crave orange juice like mad when it's at its height. I know it's the worst thing for it, but it just feels so refreshing. Within 15 mins I'm puking like a badden. I think, like dogs who eat grass to make themselves sick, our body tells us to eat things to tip us over the edge and get rid of what ever is causing the pain and discomfort.

Just a theory. What do you think? x x x

I get it terrible as well and have been sick a few times, the worst time was during a nite shift at work, when I threw up cheesecake at 5am lol, out the nose and everything soz TMI :) now I get through so most gaviscon its insane, about a 300ml bottle a week. Although I recently bought boots own, half the price and I actually think its working a bit better. But I really do sympathise, its horrid. Only 6 weeks of it left for me now whoo!!!!! xxxx

I had finally managed to get to sleep last night after hours of trying and then the heartburt kicked in worse than I have ever had it and that was it i was up most of the night. Keep hoping it wont get any worse but it does seem to be!

Ugh I know how you feel I've been getting heartburn/reflux almost every day now :/

Now, I know some people's first thought is why eat an apple when you've got acid but... there is method in this ladies madness...

I suffer with acid something chronic and crave orange juice like mad when it's at its height. I know it's the worst thing for it, but it just feels so refreshing. Within 15 mins I'm puking like a badden. I think, like dogs who eat grass to make themselves sick, our body tells us to eat things to tip us over the edge and get rid of what ever is causing the pain and discomfort.

Hey i suppose that could be true never thought about it before:).
Its just iam losing the will to eat as I feel like that I only have a few things that i can eat that dont give me heartburn really bad :dohh: I love water and now finding that even drinking a glass that kills me.
tried all different things but they only make it go away for a while.

I suppose i just need to live with it for a few weeks longer :cry: But will say to midwife about the sickness if it happens again...:(

Okay heartburn ladies.......

Do you get any sensations underneath your boob like above your abdomen?

Okay heartburn ladies.......

Do you get any sensations underneath your boob like above your abdomen?

Funny you mention that I get a sensation, Its only when Iam on my left hand side i get like pins and needless under my left boob but more on the tummy, it gets to a point that when i scratch it or touch it, It feels like it has went numb.

I was going to mention it to the midwife when i see her next week as its stopping me from sleeping on that side and sometimes if i wake up during the night its sore!!

I tend to agree! My gran had told me about eating an orange to stop it and I thought she was insane at the time but tried to explain it in her way that the acid works the same way as indigestion which will clear it. I haven't tried it yet but sometimes anything is worth a shot!!

This is gonna sound awful but..........

Im sooo glad im not the only one!! Not that i wish heartburn on anyone :dohh:

I hate it!! Ive had it from the beginning, was one of my first symptoms and EURGH.. I have got a prescription from doc for Gaviscon liquid which works but i hate the gloopiness of it :rofl: not easy to please am i hehe

im the same, I get it when i burp, hope your better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->