Heartburn !!!

Emski51

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Oh my god its just hit me yesterday I was up at 1.30 this morning with the worst heartburn is there anything I can take for it? xxx

Mine has been getting steadily worse over the last couple weeks! I asked a pharmacist finally yesterday and was told I can use gaviscon 4 times a day - I think its my new best friend!!!

Yeah I second gaviscon, one swig of the stuff and my heart burns gone. Try and see if there's anything that triggers it too, the food that sets mine off is vegetables! I eat at 6pm and by 10pm just before bed it's like I've swallowed a fireball! X

My doc prescribed Zantac 75 for me, its over the counter here in South Africa, just one tablet a day and the killer heartburn is gone.. I struggled with gaviscon it did nothing for me, i have had a stomach ulcer before so I think my body is used to the proper stuff haha.. Also find milk gives short term relief

Oh my gawd!!! I was up all night with heartburn!!! I woke up with it and it's still there!! My fault, I made spaghetti with hot Italian sausages in the sauce. :dohh:

I first started getting heartburn real bad this last two weeks and I've NEVER had heartburn before, every time someone complained about it to me, I would think,"heartburn doesn't sound too serious..like a headache?" I was so naive. :shrug:

I feel like I swallowed a ball of fire and it's stuck in my throat and the taste lingers. Gaviscon (sp?) I am sending hubby out to get for me.

Same I have never experienced heartburn before I did have chicken tikka last :eek: but it was like I had swallowed a ball of fire which was stuck in my chest !!!

I will pop into the chemist on the way home and pick up some Gaviscon on the way home.

The joys of pregnancy !

I had heartburn om and off 2nd trimester...worst in 3rd trimester and after 34weeks non stop..TUMS Is my best friend....I even sleep with one in my mouth and will wake up in middle of night and pop another one...mouth tastes funny but it's better than heartburn...
hope u find something that helps!!

I usually have terrible heartburn at night and I take Gaviscon, usually does the trick for me! :D

Some natural ways to fight heartburn: fermented foods (like REAL sauerkraut, miso soup, etc), calcium (that's what TUMS is, just that Tums have extra sugar and dyes), aloe vera juice. Mine is not too bad, but when it does flare up, I eat/drink of lot of that stuff and it usually goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->