Heartburn

Littlebear11

Reaction score
Everytime I eat I instantly get really bad heartburn and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. It's the worst and doesn't help that I still have morning sickness. I'm having a boy and I thought you only get heartburn bad with girls :( guess not.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time! I remember with my first son I swear the heartburn was radiating to my kneecaps!

Everyone kept telling me that it means I'll have a baby with a full head of hair. Based on the heartburn that means I should have given birth to Chewbaca....but nope my son was born bald :p

Good luck! I've heard milk helps, but I hate the taste of milk so I've never tried.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time! I remember with my first son I swear the heartburn was radiating to my kneecaps!

Everyone kept telling me that it means I'll have a baby with a full head of hair. Based on the heartburn that means I should have given birth to Chewbaca....but nope my son was born bald :p

Good luck! I've heard milk helps, but I hate the taste of milk so I've never tried.

I've been loving milk a lot lately so I'll deffintly give that a try! Thank you.

I use tums. They are safe while pregnant. I ate them all the time when pregnant with DS#1.

I had a boy, who was also bald and I had chronic heartburn all the way though 😂

I was eventually given Ranitadine to take daily to keep it away in the first place and a wacking great big bottle of Gaviscon for if it managed to get past the ranitadine!

As previously mentioned, Tums are safe as is gaviscon :)

Had it with the boys and have it with this one. I was told Pepcid,Zantac and tums were all safe as long as instructions were properly followed, basically only take what's recommended. Tums worked great, Pepcid not so much.

If the tums don't work talk to your doctor. They can prescribe something stronger. I think I was on Zantac and still eating tums because neither got rid of the heartburn alone. Unlike you other ladies, the old wives tale was too true for me. LO was born with a head full of white blond hair!

Thank you everyone for the replies! I'll be deffintly getting some tums, it's horrible having heartburn. I tried the milk today I ended up drinking 1L of chocolate milk which surprisingly worked. I'm positive the tums will work. I'm gonna mention it to my doctor my next appointment is in a week and a half so it's not too far away.

Ask your midwife when you see them if it sticks around they'll probably be able to prescribe you something, at least the did with my son, I was given this giant bottle of an antacid called Peptac and it was free thanks to the free prescriptions!

Mine has been terrible too. Even water will set off terrible heartburn. Tums haven't worked for me, but liquid Gaviscon does!

Ask your midwife when you see them if it sticks around they'll probably be able to prescribe you something, at least the did with my son, I was given this giant bottle of an antacid called Peptac and it was free thanks to the free prescriptions!

Omg, i remember Peptac! Wallpaper paste.. I personally think it is worse than liquid Gaviscon. Although i'm not sure which is worse swallowing wallpaper paste or chewing chalk. :haha: x

Omg, i remember Peptac! Wallpaper paste.. I personally think it is worse than liquid Gaviscon. Although i'm not sure which is worse swallowing wallpaper paste or chewing chalk. :haha: x

I must be weird cause I actually really liked Peptac, but then I'm a sucker for anything that's flavoured with aniseed :blush:

Heartburn has been awful for me during this pregnancy. I have been using gaviscon but it only helps for a bit! I had it with my first aswel and they say baby will have loads of hair but that's a lie because my first was bald lol

Heartburn has been awful for me during this pregnancy. I have been using gaviscon but it only helps for a bit! I had it with my first aswel and they say baby will have loads of hair but that's a lie because my first was bald lol

So far I've just been using milk which has been helping, but I'm going to talk to my doctor at my next appointment to see what she thinks would be best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->