Heartburn

krissie328

Reaction score
So I think I am experiencing heartburn. What are some remedies that have helped you ladies? At this point I am pretty desperate as it takes me quite a while to functioning once it flares.

:flower:

I had this for like a week last week, it's settled now. I tried tums but they were crap, a glass of water was basically just as effective...! But there are loads of safe for pregnancy heartburn remedies you can buy in supermarkets and pharmacies. I think it's calcium carbonate you want (with the bonus of the extra calcium they give you).
Some people say milk helps them and some say it makes it worse! Personally I find it helps, you could try that. Also obviously stay upright as much as possible after meals, and don't eat spicy or fatty foods or huge meals. Heartburn is no joke, it can be really painful! Told DH last week I felt like I'd been sucking acid out of batteries 😳

Oh my gosh i was literally coming on here to talk about this!
Right now I am kind of coping with a glass of milk and making sure I am sitting up for a bit, but I can feel my stomach has shifted and it has gotten so much worse this week.
Tums do absolutely nothing for me, I am thinking of trying a different but not sure what I can take. Any suggestions welcome.

Over the counter Zantac works great for me and was suggested by my OB

Gaviscon! Was downing it by the bottle towards the end last time 😂 And food/drinks little and often

Went out and got Zantac last night as I just couldn't deal and after an hour it did seem to work.
Going to try the little meals thing as I don't want to have too take too much medication

Thanks ladies. I have an appt Monday so I am going to check on the Zantac. I am also working on smaller meals.

Ranitidine is amazing and prescribed by Drs. I get severe heartburn and acid reflux ever since I had terribleMS with pregnancy #1, think it must have damaged/weakened the valve to my stomach or something. Ranitidine is the only thing that makes any difference for me. Gaviscon, Rennies, Tums etc have absolutely no effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->