Heating on at night???

This is our first winter in our own house, previously we lived with OH's parents and they constantly had their heating on it drove me insane :dohh:. FIL would go and turn it on then i'd turn it off :haha:. I'm a cosy blanket bed socks kind of person so I seriously doubt I will have my heating on at night this winter unless it is stupidly cold. LO sleeps in our bed (bad mummy!) and we have an Alaskan Malamute dog who tends to creep up at some point (bad doggy mummy!) so we are all normally too hot lol. Growing up it was always nice and toasty in our first house, but our second had storage heaters which were a nightmare took ages to heat up and cost a fortune so that's probably why I don't mind the cold lol!

We put ours on a timer so it comes on randomly for half hour blasts in the night at maybe 12, 2, 4 and then on at 6 for DH has to get upto go to work. We never scrimp on heating, if we're cold, it goes on!!!

For those of you whos kids kick off covers....Do you not use sleeping bags? Mine never kept covers oneither, my older one does now but the little one is in a sleeping bag....just a thought x

We have the kids room on a thermostat. I like to keep their rooms at 19 degrees at night or they just get cold, especially the toddler who wriggles out from under her duvet.

Last winter we had lows of -10 and the house without heating would drop very low! Uses more energy to re-heat a house than it does to trickle heat it continually. Plus I HATE going downstairs to a freezing lounge. I want to drink my coffee in my dressing gown and feel snuggly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->