Heinz baby cereals and Dinners.

Bernie

Reaction score
My Daughter is just over 5 months now and for the last few days ive been giving her breakfast cereal made by Heinz and one of thier dinners the do in the box that you have to mix water with.Ive noticed that these are giving her diarreah.Just wondered ifanyone has experiecened this with thier babies?Also was wondering what else you could recommend me trying her on as like prehaps what jar food to try her on and if she maybe needs only jar food only until she is 6 months? Sorry dont have much of a clue about weaning as my heath visitor isnt that helpful.

have you tried switching to another brand of baby cereal or just the Heinz one so far?

Its just the Heinz one so far.But ive just been reading and a lot of you seem to make all your own and freeze it in little tubs which is a good idea.But what can i make her for breakfast instead of buying her jars?I am breastfeeding aswell also so just wondering what you all give for breakfast?My little girl is just starting out on solids and she doesnt seem to like baby rice so i found.

Perhaps they are a little rich on her tummy?

I would try swapping brands firstly, perhaps try the organix range or something like that, Brooke has the plain baby rice and their banana baby rice.

Keep it plain, then work your way up to perhaps puree'ing some veg, carrots, parsnips etc etc and then if something doesnt agree with her you'll be able to find out a bit easier?

For breakfast you could also mix some breastmilk with Farley's rusks (they do flavoured ones like banana and plain ones)....also, Boots do their own rusks which I gave to Maley this morning mashed up with her milk...(raspberry and strawberry flavoured).....we have also given Maley semolina for breakfast (unsweetened) as an alternative to baby rice. If your bubba doesnt like the baby rice as its too plain, try pureeing a banana and putting some mixed in for some flavour.

As for dinners, we found the box stuff made Maley more sick (she is a sicky baby anyway but we found the box stuff made her worse) we now make our own food for her and i find she isnt as sick and her poos dont smell as bad. We bought a handheld blender (sainsbury's basic one for £3.99) and we just cook sweet potato, potatoe, cabbage, carrots.....just about anything and blend it. We leave some lumps in now Maley is getting older but at first she had it pureed right down. Takes about 15 minutes and I make about three jars at a time (you could make more and freeze them)....

Entirely up to you. Maley did have a few jars but personally i prefer our own food but if you want to try some jars (they are convenient when out and about) but i would suggest going to the supermarket and picking up a few different brands and seeing what she likes.

Hope its goes well!

My Daughter is just over 5 months now and for the last few days ive been giving her breakfast cereal made by Heinz and one of thier dinners the do in the box that you have to mix water with.Ive noticed that these are giving her diarreah.Just wondered ifanyone has experiecened this with thier babies?Also was wondering what else you could recommend me trying her on as like prehaps what jar food to try her on and if she maybe needs only jar food only until she is 6 months? Sorry dont have much of a clue about weaning as my heath visitor isnt that helpful.

It really depends on you and your baby. Maley has only just turned 6 months and she has mashed food and also finger foods such as rusks, toast, melon, banana etc.....but she was weaned early. Its all about tastes when first weaning so I would recommend trying different foods to open her palate and get used to different tastes and textures. Avacado and fruits are good. Have fun with it! :happydance:

Thanks for your advice:thumbup:I Wil try her again on baby rice perhaps mix with a little banana i do really like the idea of getting veg boiled up and blending right down coz at least i would know whats she is eating.But i guess this is all down to just trying things and seeing what she likes hey:shrug:

Dont be put off straight away if she doesnt like something cos one day Maley likes avacado and some days she doesnt!

I love blending our food as it doesnt have all the preservatives etc in it and to me, its not that troublesome to do. And now she is getting bigger I can control the lumps. Even if im out I just ask a coffee shop etc for a cup of hot water and stand the pot of food i made in it to warm it a little.

Maley has a more varied diet than me!!!! ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"