Hello all.

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
Im amazed im in third tri, already! The time sure has gone by fast!
I'm a third time Mom and this is my second pregnancy on these forums. Love all of the support and advice and kind people here. :)

Anyway, i have a concern about weight.. ive put on over 20lbs already! I dont know how because my first and half of second tri i was underweight. Guess i overdid it on the sweets... but i dont know how ive put on 22 lbs in a couple months. :/

At any rate it has done a number on my knees to put on so mucj weight so fast. Any ideas to keep my weight in check in a healthy manner? Ive already cut out most sweets.

You could cut out all processed foods. That is the way I ate after two kids and weight melted off. I gained almost 100 lbs with dd1 then 100 with dd2 lost it all each time ,now with this one ....about 75 lb gain. But really whole foods fruits veggies nuts and seeds whole grains beans lots of veggies for nutrients. And nothing at all processed. And you will do good keeping weight gain down.

Welcome to third trimester :)

I've not much advice about the weight gain as I'm in the same position, all you could really do is cut out all the crap and choose healthier options, try not to stress about it too much though :)

I dont have the money to eat healthy tbh. I live in the city so i cant grow my own food and it's winter anyway and tbh processed foods are a lot cheaper. I know it's not healtht but it's the only way to make the small budget we have for food last. :/

Buuuut im trying to be more active and since ive cut out the sweets i at least didnt put on like 12 lbs like i did a couple months ago. Lol.

Just try to swap a few snacks with veggies. Baby Carrots and hummus is my favorite healthy snack (and baby carrots are usually less than $2 per baggie). Frozen veggies are also quite cheap. Swap boneless skinless chicken breasts (if you shop around, discount supermarkets usually carry them for around $5 per 3lb bag) for hamburger/pork products. There are a lot of easy slow cooker meals that you can pair with rice to fill you up while still being tasty and healthy. One of the big things to watch when trying to cut back is how much bread/starch like products you're consuming. Even just adding some broccoli to boxed Mac & Cheese is a step in the right direction.

It's not about perfection, just making a few healthier choices that don't break the bank. Although I wouldn't worry too much about 22 lbs, with winter and holiday festivities, If I didn't have GD I'd welcome the excuse for a few extra sweets. :haha:

Lol. Well, i love broccoli and do add veggies wherever i can. And for a while i was snacking on baby carrots (which i like with peanut butter).

I guess I'm just worried because with my first i put on almost 80 lbs by the time i had her and it was extremely hard losing all of that weight so im just afraid I'll fall back into old habits.

You're right though and i shouldn't worry too much. I've just also never had a winter baby so it was easier to keep the weight off with the last one because i was walking all summer and now it's cold out and i just sit inside and watch my son run around and huddle under blankets. Lol. Then with the holidays im like, "gawd im gonna be fat by the time i have this kid." Lol. I dunno. Worrying too much, i suppose.

Welcome! I agree with what people say, try and limit sugar and processed food and try to eat as clean as possible plus exercise, even if it is just walking. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->