Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Given that Iamblessed should be resting up right now and could do with lots of positivity and prayers, I thought it might be an idea to start a new thread for us all to keep in touch with and for us all to continue to support each other. I know I couldn't have done without your support since I first found IAB's weekly threads and hoping you all still feel the same, and want to keep in touch. New fruit = new start and all that. Hope you ladies are well and looking forward to hearing lots of new updates and seeing new bump pics. Here's to the last two fruits! :flower:

NotNic xx

Due Dates:

akerie - Baby to be induced on the 30th May 2012
BabyBoyLove12 - 3rd June 2012
Sunshine12, bumpycat and mcsmyth1 - 5th June 2012
NotNic and Oddori - 7th June 2012
Iamblessed - 9th June 2012
kuriazuri and Serenity_Now - 10th June 2012
admiral765 - 13th June 2012
Jeege - 18th June 2012

Thanks for starting this Nic. Cant believe we are all so close!! I too appreciate everyones support and advice and look forward to spending the next 7 or so weeks hearing how you all are. Nic, should we put our due dates up on your first post in date order so we can keep track of who is due first/next or will that be a pain in the arse for you?! Let the countdown begin!!!

Iamblessed, please let us know how you are when you get the chance. Thinking about you and sending virtual :hugs:

No I can definitely do that. In 1st Tri I managed a list of about 100 girlies. It was exhausting! :wacko: :) I'll add ours now. x

Yay I found it! Nice one! Xx

I am just sat in hospital waiting for my growth scan, can't wait to see him! Xx

Lucky you. Can't wait to hear how you get on. xx

Hi ladies, I'd been missing these and wondered where they got to! I'm with Sunshine on the 5th of June. Baby's busy giving my ribs a pounding today, and all is well.

Hi Bumpy :wave: Glad you found us hun.
Admiral - how exciting!!! Piccies please!!! x

Iamblessed I too am thinking of you I hope all is well and I am looking forward to an update....

I am excited to be here sharing this journey with all of you, I can say I can finally see the light, I have a growth scan Wednesday at 2:15 and I can't wait to see him again..I will be induced on the 30th of May due to HBP and I must say I am a bit nervous.. Cograts to us all its almost over and we will get to meet our LO's

I can't believe I'm staring down the barrel of maternity leave already! After today I have less than 10 working days left till I'd originally planned to go off. Anyone else feeling minor panic about how much is left to do before the baby arrives??

Had a great appointment! My BP is fine. My baby is head down :happydance: and they told me he was practicing breathing! Wow! I didn't get any pics unfortunately. I am so excited!
I got a panic on other day coz it hit me how little time we have left but I figured whatever isn't done doesn't matter! I have clothes, Moses basket, car seat, pram and my boobs! Lol! So the rest doesn't matter! Xx

Good call on starting a new thread, the last one definitely took an unscheduled wrong turn somewhere... I must say a sincere well done to how everyone handled it x

I've been busy trying to catch up on everyone's news! I blink and miss loads!
I keep meaning to add updates and get more involved with discussions and never seem to manage it somehow :shrug:

A quick update - bump was measuring 37 weeks at my 31 week appointment and I've been having loads of braxton hicks and period type cramping, so I'm a tad paranoid about early labour. I have another growth scan next week and I'm looking forward to seeing how big this baby is now (estimated nearly 4lbs at 28 weeks), which I think is fairly good going considering they were concerned at the beginning of my pregnancy that baby would be small! My mums chemo is going well, but we're still not sure how many more treatments she will need, so we don't know if she'll make the birth. I'm trying not to dwell though as it gets me down a bit.
Oh and my lovely husband whisked me away for a mini break this weekend and treated me to some fab spa treatments, was lush :D

IAB, you've been in my thoughts and I hope things work out ok - I'll be checking in for updates.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else and continuing the good vibe these threads have :thumbup:

I can't believe I'm staring down the barrel of maternity leave already! After today I have less than 10 working days left till I'd originally planned to go off. Anyone else feeling minor panic about how much is left to do before the baby arrives??

I keep feeling like I have so much to buy then I get loads of stuff but my list doesnt appear to diminish at all!! I cant believe in 4 weeks we will be full term! :wacko:

Had a great appointment! My BP is fine. My baby is head down :happydance: and they told me he was practicing breathing! Wow! I didn't get any pics unfortunately. I am so excited!
I got a panic on other day coz it hit me how little time we have left but I figured whatever isn't done doesn't matter! I have clothes, Moses basket, car seat, pram and my boobs! Lol! So the rest doesn't matter! Xx

lol. boobs are by far the most important!! Glad it went well hun.

Good call on starting a new thread, the last one definitely took an unscheduled wrong turn somewhere... I must say a sincere well done to how everyone handled it x

I've been busy trying to catch up on everyone's news! I blink and miss loads!
I keep meaning to add updates and get more involved with discussions and never seem to manage it somehow :shrug:

A quick update - bump was measuring 37 weeks at my 31 week appointment and I've been having loads of braxton hicks and period type cramping, so I'm a tad paranoid about early labour. I have another growth scan next week and I'm looking forward to seeing how big this baby is now (estimated nearly 4lbs at 28 weeks), which I think is fairly good going considering they were concerned at the beginning of my pregnancy that baby would be small! My mums chemo is going well, but we're still not sure how many more treatments she will need, so we don't know if she'll make the birth. I'm trying not to dwell though as it gets me down a bit.
Oh and my lovely husband whisked me away for a mini break this weekend and treated me to some fab spa treatments, was lush :D

IAB, you've been in my thoughts and I hope things work out ok - I'll be checking in for updates.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else and continuing the good vibe these threads have :thumbup:

Glad you had a lovely weekend hun. Sounds like you have so much on your plate just now so must have been great to get away. We went to York on a mini break about a month or so ago but it was a disaster at night time cause the bed was uncomfy and I cant sleep at the best of times!! I kept him awake all night tossing and turning hee hee.

Glad your mums chemo is going well hun. It must be a worry for you but it sounds like she is doing fine which is great. Two of my friends have just finished their treatments and they did say its exhausting but even if your mum cant make the birth she will be able to see baby as soon as you are home which will be lovely for her.

Let us know how your next growth scan goes. :hugs: x

I've pretty much got everything we need except a pram, it just needs to be sorted, unpacked, washed, put together, etc, and I have insane urges to clean the house but not enough energy to do anything about it while I'm still working, even at only 3 or 4 days a week.

---slight family rant---
My dad was supposed to be doing some minor work on our house when my parents visit after the baby arrives, but he's hurt his back ... again. He does it roughly once a year, ever since I was 5 years old and he had to have an operation on his spine. Last year the doctors warned him that he'd be on his way to a wheelchair before he turned 70 if he kept it up (he's 62 next month), but he keeps on over-doing it, the stubborn old git. He's got a referral for a soft tissue MRI and a neurosurgeon, but not sure how much will happen before they come to visit. I've been getting quotes to get the two heaviest jobs (loft flooring & fence post replacement) done by someone here before they arrive because I am *not* going to let him do anything that might make it worse, not while they're thousands of miles from home. He's really annoyed about it! I guess he feels like we'd be wasting money on having someone else do the work, or that we think he's not up to it, I don't know. My OH has been lovely, saying I can tell my dad it's all his fault and he just wants to have the work done before the baby arrives, but I still feel twinges of guilt. My dad's been doing renovations of all sorts for decades (it's his business, he's semi-retired now) and I know he'd do a great job, I just would far rather he spend the time pottering about doing little things and cuddling his new grandchild instead of hurting himself doing work that we can easily afford to pay someone else to do. Argh. Even the best of parents can drive you up the wall sometimes!
---end rant---

Has anyone heard from Iamblessed since this morning? I'm hoping she's doing ok, it's just a few weeks too early to feel confident yet for any of us. My secret sigh-of-relief date is 35 weeks, anyone else feel similar?

I'm off to yoga shortly, got to get this baby out of my ribs for a bit. I bent to untie my shoes an hour ago and it gave me such a painful kick I cried out. First time that's ever happened, it was a massive shock. Movements have been weird and slightly uncomfortable for a few weeks, but not actively painful till now.

Bumpy, I would do the same if it could make my dad worse so totally understand why you are thinking of having someone else do it. I reckon its probably a pride thing with him. My dad doesnt like it when I tell him to leave stuff so OH can do it as he still thinks he is 25 rather than 61!)

My sigh of relief date is 37 weeks. 35 is too soon for my liking cause Im not organised!! Im going home to my mums for 4 or 5 days at the end of next week so I would be coning up for 35 weeks when Im there (and OH isnt coming with me) so I hope I dont go that quick!! x

so sorry I was not here to put a stop to everything and get the thread back on track and feel I have failed you ladies. Update I am dialated a fingertip and am no longer contracting and doc says all looks good! I will update more later:):hug: and thank you everyone!!

Worry not! Notnic took care of us and everything is back to normal. So very glad to hear you're ok and your LO is staying put for now. Hang in there, just 5 more weeks till early term!

p.s. Antenatal yoga is awesome and baby has been shifted out of my ribs, at least for a couple of hours!

Ah, I came on here to give you Iamblessed's news and even better news you're back home to update us yourself!! Yay to new thread good vibes. :) Glad to hear that things have stopped. Some of the due date ladies have been dilated that much for several weeks, so you should with a bit of luck be able to be here to keep us on track til we make term! :) You haven't failed us at all you silly billy! You got this great group of ladies here together in the first place. We'd be lost without you, which is why you and baby need to stay put for a while longer. :flower:

Vixx and bumpycat - great to hear from you guys. Bumpycat do you think you can convince your Dad to Project Manage instead? Hubby's Dad tried to help us with our renovations, but I've had to rein him. I could see him bankrupting us if I let him keep going! We now have him designing our new kitchen with our specifications and having him do the electrics (he's a sparky by trade). Everything else we have outsourced elsewhere. :)

Vixx - Good to hear that your Mum's chemo is going well. Will she be having a white blood cell count first before they decide on whether she will have more sessions? Keep us posted.

Admiral - woop woop for a good appointment. :happydance: What's next for you? Will you still get additional appointments?

Sounds like there is a few of us who might be looking at babies sooner than planned. Let me know if you would like me to add your DD to the front page like Sunshine's suggestion.

AFM - Tonight I had my second NCT session and this one was about b/fing. I think it was quite a useful session for the ladies that wanted to b/f but could have been a little more balanced. The sheets they give out before the session are quite strongly worded, but thankfully the women leading the session was less pushy. Obviously as a bf counsellor she would be pro bf'ing and to know that she is there to support us is excellent, but for those who hadn't made their mind up it would have been nice to hear about formula feeding. Perhaps we will hear about that at another session. Also because I discussed this on BnB a few weeks ago I discovered I was a lot more informed than most in the session so good work BnB! :thumbup: Wish I could have been a bit braver and told the truth about what we planned to do instead though, but I didn't think that would have been that helpful to everyone else. Hubby wasn't too impressed mind you. Since it's one of the few practical things we've talked about he thought we knew everything(!). What was reassuring was the size of a newborn baby's tummy abnd how little they need to eat. Don't think I will be stressed out by a baby that fills up quickly now.

Also before I forget I just want to thank you to everyone for your support and kind words today. Feeling a lot happier and smilier (if that's a word?!) tonight. I'm one lucky BnB'er to have you guys xxx

NotNic-Thank you for the kind words I just felt like I let you down since I wasn't here to get some of the anger stopped. I needed to be better at managing my thread and I wasn't and I am sorry for that. I am thankful my little one is still where she needs to be as last night was so scary for me. The doctor wasn't the best and he certainly was making me a bit panicky but other then that all looks well. So glad to be here and thank you Nic for starting this thread and making it a better place for us all.:) Again I apologize and am just happy everyone is back:) Love all you ladies and woould be lost without you! :hug:!!

That's what the mods are here for! More importantly we all wanted a happier thread and I didn't want to let you down. You created your threads so we could share all our updates and good news and hopefully we're all back on track now. This is your thread honey and your good work. Let's move on and keep smiling. Some of us will have babies next month. Eeek! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->