Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Hello ladies :) Was wondering if I could join you all! Missed the whole last thread, but wondered if I could join in on the new one? I'm due with my first boy on June 3rd! Time seems to be speeding up!! Getting super excited :) I look forward to getting to know you girls <3

Of course you can! More the merrier and looking forward to getting to know you too. :)

Time really is speeding up now. Do you have everything ready, or are you like me and is time running away from you? Would you like me to add your due date to the front page? xx

Of course you can! More the merrier and looking forward to getting to know you too. :)

Time really is speeding up now. Do you have everything ready, or are you like me and is time running away from you? Would you like me to add your due date to the front page? xx

Thank you :flower:

I have absolutely nothing ready lol. We have the baby shower on Sunday, so that has a lot to do with the stalling. After that Ill start washing clothes and getting the hospital bags ready. As far as the nursery goes that won't be completed until after he is born. We are currently living with OH's parents, and will be moving about a month after our little guy is born. So only going to set up a bassinet for now. No point in getting everything out. It has me a little stressed that everything will be so jumbled for awhile. But he will probably be sleeping with us for the first few months anywho.

And of course you can add me to the front page :)

We don't have a nursery ready yet either. We completed on a house at the end of last month and trying to get the house all sorted so we can move in. I've taken a few days off work, so hopefully the nursery will be painted this week and then all the stuff I've ordered can be delivered. It's been sitting in a depot for weeks! :) I do have my hospital bag 90% ready but hardly anything else. Everyone thinks I'm nuts but going in to labour is not the time to realise that half of baby's stuff is at the new house and the other half at the old one! :)

Sunshine - Did you come up with something to ask your FIL for? I was thinking that maybe you could ask for a breast pump or vouchers towards one, rather than furniture you might not use yet. I've heard lots about the medala swing which seems to be well worth investing in if you think expressing might be for you. Alternatively how about a couple of Gro-Bags / Swaddling Gro-Bags?

Grr, it's 5:30am and the baby has demanded blood sugar so I am sitting here with the remains of a banana and a very very impatient kitty who does not understand that simply because I am awake and it's within a few hours of dawn it is NOT breakfast time! At least it's not 3am this time, and I did sleep a solid 5 hours already.

Bumpy, I would do the same if it could make my dad worse so totally understand why you are thinking of having someone else do it. I reckon its probably a pride thing with him. My dad doesnt like it when I tell him to leave stuff so OH can do it as he still thinks he is 25 rather than 61!)

Vixx and bumpycat - great to hear from you guys. Bumpycat do you think you can convince your Dad to Project Manage instead? Hubby's Dad tried to help us with our renovations, but I've had to rein him. I could see him bankrupting us if I let him keep going! We now have him designing our new kitchen with our specifications and having him do the electrics (he's a sparky by trade). Everything else we have outsourced elsewhere. :)

It probably is a pride thing. My dad's a total perfectionist when it comes to work (gee, where did I get that particular trait from? :haha:) and his business was virtually always a one man show, with the occasional unskilled helper. Just couldn't let go the control, never liked the thought of being responsible for someone else's work that might not be up to his high standards. Project managing would be great if we could get him to leave it at that, but I just know he'd have OH driving him to B&Q within seconds. I'm hopeful that the fence and loft can get done before he shows up, and then he can get his fix in with a little painting and minor repairs in between baby cuddles. My dad adores babies and small children - he'll forgive me anything for producing his first grandchild. :flower:

Yay new thread! I've been having issues with eating :/ my stomach seems to be the size of a grape and I can't finish anything. I guess I'm just getting started on losing the baby weight early. From what I've seen Others post, this is pretty normal. I am so ready to be done with work, and I can't wait to start getting everything ready. Baby shower is in about 2 weeks so that should be super fun! :) Thats it for me as of now :)

Glad everyone is doing so well!

NotNic, I will be seen twice a week to keep an eye on my BP, no further scans are needed as he is doing great. Could you please add me to the front page, due June 13th xx
So good to see you akerie!
Kuriazuri I remember only being able to eat little with my little girl, totally normal and a sign you will be meeting baby soon!
IAB such good news! My nephew came at 36 weeks and he was totally healthy, he didn't have to stay in hospital and was a good weight just incase your baby decides to come a bit earlier!
Sunshine I know how you feel about wanting to get things done. I don't think my husband is best pleased with his nesting wife! Lol! It's taken over! I thought it was just the cleaning aspect but once I blitzed the house I got him to decorate nursery, redecorate kitchen, our room and landing. I want him to paint the fence but it's been raining! I have got him to put up shelves, light fittings and blinds! Lol! It's crazy! I hope you get sorted soon.
Welcome babyboylove12! This thread is great with a lovely bunch of ladies, you will love it! Sounds like you have everything figured out!
Gonna try and have a relaxing but fun day with my little girl today, it's tipping it down! Still find it really amusing that my girl has no idea what's going on, a baby is just going to appear in around 8 weeks! Lol! I have no doubt she will love him, she adores babies and kids. Just hope she won't mind sharing our attention! So exciting! Xx

Wow, 3 pages in already!! Babyboylove, welcome to the thread :wave:
IAB, glad you are ok hun. Keep us informed.
Notnic, I think I might be able to get a breastpump from my midwife (the one where you get new bits that goes with it) but I still need to ask her about it as not sure if my area gives you them or not. I know that some do otherwise yes, that might be an idea. Thanks hun!! The other thing i thought of was a toybox (the big rectangular ones) for the babies room that are made from solid oak and engraved with babies name. Whilst they wont need it for ages I think that might be lovely and something they could keep for ages. Im sure Ill figure something out.

Hope you are all well.. Oh and guess what.....IM A HONEYDEW! Woohoo!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Bumpycat my cats and the baby are conspiring against me too! I couldn't switch off last night so it was close to 2am before I went to bed. From 5am the cats were up to their tricks and by 6am I gave in and fed them. I went back to sleep for an hour before hubby got up and then went back to sleep after he left because I'm like a zombie! Thankfully I took a week hols this week. Still sleeping in 2-3 hr chunks is probably excellent baby training!

Admiral - that's great news that you only have BP appts now. You must feel more reassured now.

Kuriazuri - I've filled up quickly all of my pregnancy and I've always found the eating for two thing strange. Where do we have the room? :D If you're worried eat little and often. That's what they tell you to do. Perfectly normal if very annoying! Apart from that how fo you feel?

Hi Ladies,
Was wondering can I join you lot in the final countdown, although Im a week or 2 behind most of you:dohh:
Am due June 18th :kiss:

Sunshine-Happy 33 weeks and congrats on becoming a honeydew! How awesome!

Hi Jeege - I like your signature kitten, I felt like that this morning! I ended up coming home from work after less than an hour because I felt awful and pukey. Thank goodness I had already booked tomorrow off and my boss was ok with me considering today as my day off and I can just work from home tomorrow. Today I am questioning my sanity in thinking so blithely yesterday that maybe I could work till 18th May!! :haha:

Have come up with a plan for dealing with my parental renovation issues - we're just going to get the work done and present it as a fait accompli when they arrive. Dad won't care about anything else if he's got a wee grandson or granddaughter in his arms.

Just thinking about it gets me all teary. I can't wait to meet my baby! I'm talking and singing to my bump all the time now, and OH has started learning lullabies on his guitar.

HI ladies, been stalking a bit with all of you over last few weeks :haha:

Hope ye are all keeping well, apart from the usual complaints!! I think we're all at the stage now that it's getting quite uncomfortable :wacko:

This is my third but as I've mentioned in other posts, feels like my first all over again. Worrying, sick at start, achey etc!! Will be glad when June comes around.
My daughter (8) is making her First Holy COmmunion on Sinday week so I have a lot to organise. Having about 40 back to the house after and starting to think I must be mad!!! :coffee:
Anyway, lovely to have people to chat to when we need a whinge or to share something positive :kiss:

Have any of your belly buttons popped yet. Mine is between popping and not popping and it looks gross!!!

Latest fatso pic attached. My tummy feels like its going to spontaneously combust!! Ive still not got any stretchies so FX I escape them!! x

Attachments

• 33 weeks crop.jpg
    33 weeks crop.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
You have a nice neat bump Sunshine12. My bellybutton is at the same stage as yours, between flattened and out. Doesn't help that I have a tatto around it stretching away as well!! :dohh:

You have a nice neat bump Sunshine12. My bellybutton is at the same stage as yours, between flattened and out. Doesn't help that I have a tatto around it stretching away as well!! :dohh:

Hee Hee. My tattoo is on my hip so thankfully hasnt streched yet. x

Welcome Jeege! :wave: You're not that far behind us at all! A few of the group are mid June too. I think you are nuts having people over but it'll make the time fly even more! Would you like me to add your date to the front page?

My Dad lives in Hong Kong and he was home for a week and flew back on Sunday. When he got to the airport he called home to say that he realised that the next time he flies back to the UK he was going to be a Papa! He didn't realise until then how close we were! It's exciting and scary to think I will be a Mum when he comes back. :)

Sunshine mine has been half way harry for a couple of week. It looks like the end of a balloon - urrgh! :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->