Hello everyone!

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I was here!

Isabelle is 3! I'm excited yet sooooo nervous!

Tonight I have a disciplinary meeting at work now knowing this makes me even more nervous :cry:. Should I tell them I'm pregnant tonight at the disaplinary... Or could it jeopardise my job me telling them... Or could it help my situation if they know :shrug:. The disaplinary is regarding absence 2014 weren't a good year I had a bowel operation which took me a long time to recover from :nope:. And then also unauthorised absence because I had no one to have Isabelle and then second time Isabelle was ill.

Surely they won't dismiss me if they are giving me overtime tomorrow and told me my hours for next week

I can't wait for tonight to be over with so I can look forward to pregnancy :happydance:

First of all congrats.

How far along are you? Personally I wouldn't tell them at your disciplinary if your early on. Not that they can discrimate against pregnancy but you never know if they will say one thing but mean another.

Also regarding your disciplinary, I don't know where your from but here if your child is under (I think 5 maybe abit older I can't remember) then your allowed to have time off for emergencies (within reason) so twice should be fine. So I'd look that up before you go if I was you.

Hope all goes well, goodluck.

Thanks everyone for the advice.... Im so excited nervous about telling everyone haha have no idea why!

Congratulations everyone here! I tried to work it out I was last on my period on the 18th of December so I'm around 5 weeks I believe! Eeek!!

Thankyou Hun, fingers crossed I've worked there 5 1/2 years and have never been in trouble ever xx

Congrats!

Personally, DO NOT TELL THEM! If you think it will hurt your job, you are not legally obligated to tell your employer that you are pregnant. And while they cannot fire you for being pregnant, if you're in for a discipline hearing they can use that as a cover. I'm not telling my job until my contract is signed for next year. My mom asked me when I was going to tell my boss, and her sage advice (from her and all of her friends) was, "Do you ever notice that the educated people around you don't announce they are pregnant at work until 5 months?" I was about to argue with her, but then I remembered two of my fellow teachers just announced they are expecting and they are about 5 months along. Plus, I learned all these years to just listen to my mom.

Thankyou everyone :D Its now starting to sink in... The disaplinary meeting actually went surprisingly well and seemed like they were more trying to help me when I go in at 5:30 this evening they are gonna have a chat about my availability to see if they can help me out anymore with hours needed shift times etc. and not taking it any further!

So surprised... I'm not sure this is the same company I've been working at for 5 years seems way to nice, not complaining though such a weight lifted now I can focus on my little expanding family :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->