Hello Everyone

catswhiskas

Mummy to Oscar
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I found it when searching Tokophbia (fear of pregnancy and childbirth).

I am 30, soon to be 31 and feel that my fear is crippling my ability to have children. I know I want to have children and am so envious of people who have been able to go through pregnancy and birth. However my phobia is I am sure, disabling my maternal instincts.

I am most concerned about my age and the fact that I am knocking on. I have just signed up for a 3 year Nursing degree, which would start in September, which would put the process back as well. I really am stressed about it all, can you tell lol.

So that is my, I am enjoying the forum and look forward to chatting x:hug:

They say there is no cure for Tokophobia..... but like any phobia there must be treatments. I do feel like I am getting on, considering it is going to be a long time before I can think about trying

Hello!

I've heard that hypnobirthing techniques can be brilliant at giving you a sense of control in terms of pregnancy and childbirth. And 34 isn't too old to try having a baby (I'm 38 and preggers with my 1st). But you might want to try different techniques now to see if you can overcome the worst of your fear by the time you are ready to ttc.

Good luck xxx

Welcome to the forum!

I was 32 when I had my first, 34 with my second and 39 with my third. :)

I am new to the forum. I found it when searching Tokophbia (fear of pregnancy and childbirth).

I am 30, soon to be 31 and feel that my fear is crippling my ability to have children. I know I want to have children and am so envious of people who have been able to go through pregnancy and birth. However my phobia is I am sure, disabling my maternal instincts.

I am most concerned about my age and the fact that I am knocking on. I have just signed up for a 3 year Nursing degree, which would start in September, which would put the process back as well. I really am stressed about it all, can you tell lol.

Well, hello catswhiskas, and welcome to BnB. I can't answer your questions about tokophobia, but I would like to say that you ain't "knocking on" a bit. You're still just a tadpole in my and lots of other BnB girls' eyes :rofl: I'm 35 and believe me, it wasn't until six months ago that I had ANY interest whatsoever in having a baby, so at 31 I reckon you've got years ahead of you to try to work through your fears. Most of my friends of my age have only just started having babies, so rest assured that there's a load of 30-something girls just like you who are only just starting to think about making babies :) Here's hoping you manage to get your head round your fears and that soon you'll be in the TTC section with lots of us xx

Welcome to BnB! :hi:
Sorry I have no advice regarding Tokophobia for you!

Hi hon :wave: nice to see you here!!

I second (and third) what others have said - you are not knowing on. My aunt had her 2nd when she was 45 - all healthy and no problems. I know it might feel like you're leaving it late but you're really not that old.

As for the tokophobia. I know it's an issue for you. Would talking to others who have been through the same thing help do you think? Maybe there are some support groups around. I'm sure your GP would be able to refer you for counselling or therapy.

Failing that if you really can't face it don't forget that there is always the adoption option (sorry that wasn't mean to rhyme!).

Big :hug: to you hon and please don't beat yourself up over this
xxx

Hi Buddabun :happydance: I think I will have to see the GP about it. Although I find them less than helpful about my sex phobia so god knows what they will be like about this.

I wouldn't want to adopt, I think that there can't be anything more special than having your own child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->