Hello, I'm new! Advice would be great!

Jen_uk

Reaction score
Hello, just thought I would introduce myself :hi:

I'm Jen, 30, married to Alex who is 27, we don't have any children yet but we had a stillborn son 5 years ago. We feel ready to try again now so I came off Cerazette on Sunday. Unfortunately dh was made redundant yesterday so this has put a bit off a spanner in the works :growlmad:

I'm now torn between waiting to see what happens job wise for him or just going for it as I am soooooo broody!! I have a good job (college teacher) and could support us for a while, we don't own a house though (rent) and were saving for a deposit for a mortgage. I just feel that we have waited for so long and I'm not getting any younger :cry:

Any advice or opinions would be great, thanks!

Hey hun, I just wanted to say hi and welcome :)

I am so sorry about your son :hugs: it's great that you are now ready to try again but what a horrible situation about your husband being made redundant. I think if it was me, I would go for it. You don't know how long it will take to conceive and even if it happened straight away, you still have 9 months for your hubby to find a job. It's quite a long time. But at the end of the day, it's a decision only the two of you can make, so lots of luck with that xx

Thanks for the reply, I feel the same way, we have been through so much and I feel that if we wait for everything to be perfect we will be waiting for ever! I'm just such a worrier though! lol

Hello, just thought I would introduce myself :hi:

I'm Jen, 30, married to Alex who is 27, we don't have any children yet but we had a stillborn son 5 years ago. We feel ready to try again now so I came off Cerazette on Sunday. Unfortunately dh was made redundant yesterday so this has put a bit off a spanner in the works :growlmad:

I'm now torn between waiting to see what happens job wise for him or just going for it as I am soooooo broody!! I have a good job (college teacher) and could support us for a while, we don't own a house though (rent) and were saving for a deposit for a mortgage. I just feel that we have waited for so long and I'm not getting any younger :cry:

Any advice or opinions would be great, thanks!

:hi: Hi Jen!

Firstly Welcome to Bnb! I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss.. Like Bunny Said, its great that you now feel ready to try again. :)

I know a few girls have been in the same boat as you and took the mindset that if you put ttc off for some reason or another, you'd never end up TTC...
I completely agree with Bunny, If it was me in your position, I would definately go for it for the same reasons... other wise I know that I'd keep putting it off and get a few years down the line and think 'Why didn't I just go for it.'

Best of luck hun! Keep us updated!
xxx

Hello and welcome to WTT and BnB! Funnily enough I am also 30 and DH is 27. I totally know where you are coming from with the waiting, We had our first almost a year ago now but I felt like I was ready before DH as he is younger than me. I do know what you mean about not getting any younger but if it helps any I am the only one of my peer group to have any kids yet so you're not alone. I don't think you should wait until you own a house if you are ready to try after your loss, just go for it! I think there is no right time. Of course I can see how the redundancy is a problem. Have you worked out what you'll be earning with maternity pay and things? You can get an estimate of tax credits from the calculator on HMRC website. It'd probably be a good place to start to work out just how you're set financially when you go on leave.

hello
So sorry to hear about your first baby. Big hugs.
I am now 31 and had my son last year . I'd agree with the 'not getting any younger' thing. I'm not working now, and we are currently renting so have been deciding when to ttc again. We have no cash, and things are very up in the air but I think its best to just go for it. Theres always a reason to keep waiting but your body clock won't wait forever eh?? Especially if you do hope to have more than one. xxx

Thanks for the supportive messages :thumbup:

I think we will just go for it and what will be will be, it might take ages anyway for me to ovulate after being on Cerazette :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->