hello :) im new ttc would like to tell ppul my story an see if any1 can relate to it

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emarismummy, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Emarismummy

Emarismummy mother of 1 boy aged 4

hello my names Jade im 21 , i have a 4 year old son and i am ttc for number 2.

after having my son i went straight onto the contraceptive implant as i thought that would be easiest as i wouldnt have to remember to take pills and i was sure i didnt want a another child at the time.

after a year and a half of continuous bleeding i had the implant removed at a family planning clinic the nurse there told me it would be best for me to me to go straight onto the contraceptive injection depo provera and gave me a small leaflet about it me being me thought' i may aswell its easier than taking the pill everyday' i had three more injections at the famlily planning clinic over the next year then during which i didnt bleed at all (which after a year and a half of bleeding constantly was bliss)

then in in june 08 decided to go and see the nurse at my gps office for my fifth injection when i told her i was on depo provera she wasnt too pleased she advised me to come off it straight away as i was young and there were many side affects so from there i went strate onto the mini pill i was on it for 3 weeks and i realised i hadnt had a normal period since before id gotten pregnant with my lil boy. i thought id give my body a break from all the contraceptives and make my partner be responsible for contraception for a while. after 6 months i hadnt had a period and was testing for pregnancy every month as i was having symptoms but every test was negative it was during all this testing that i decided i wanted another lil 1 .
    i never had any sort of period from june 08 when i came off the injection till june 09 since that i have had three normal cycles and opk testing this month showed i am having a lh surge so therefore i should be ovulating however i dnt seem to be getting pregnant .
    i no i havent been trying for that long really but im onli 21 and with my lil man it onli took 2 cycles. anyone in a similar situation or can anyone give me any advice?? i have researched on getting pregnant after depo and have seen loads of horror stories x

2. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Welcome to BnB!

3. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

hiya and welcome, i was on depo and had my last injection end of 06 i then had to wait over a year for my periods to return and am now pregnant with baby number 3 :) it just takes time after depo as it stays in your system for a while, i was 21 when i started on it after getting pregnant with baby number 2 on the pill
    hope this helps hun xx
    good luck you will get there x

4. Emarismummy

how many weeks are you ? congrats :) .. i no its going to be a long wait :( its annoying because after november i'm going to have to stop ttc because i am hoping to start university in sept 2010 and i dont want to put it back another year ..but that means i will have to wait another 4 0r 5 years for a baby :( x

5. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

hiya i am 18 weeks thank you :)
    it is annoying, but you will get there in the end :)
    i just got into college on an access course then was going to uni to be a midwife am still going to do it just gonna have to put it on hold for a few years lol
    where are you from then?
    xx

6. Emarismummy

ive just finished a btec in forensic science an i got my grades to go to uni but thought id have a year out when i decided to ttc ..i will probably put it on hold for another year.. my bodies yearning for a baby everytime i see a baby or a bump i start crying my partners starting to get a bit fed up of it lol

im from wolverhampton, west midlands u? x

7. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

wow congrats on thegrades sounds fab, i think once a woman has decided to ttc there is no stopping her lol nothing wrong with that tho lol
    i am sure you will catch on soon enough :)

i am in a small village near huddersfield west yorks xx

8. Emarismummy

i hope so :) im on cd 21 today trying not to test as i no its too early but ive got no symptoms anyway :( got 7 more days of stupid waiting lol x

9. hancake100

hancake100 Mummy to a princess x

Welcome to bnb hun and good luck with ttc :dust: xx

10. Emarismummy

thank you and congrats on your pregnancy :) xx

11. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

aww you never know hun just because you have no symptoms does not mean to say you are not preggy, with this one and my 1st (girl) i had the lot but with my middle one (boy) i had nothing at all, every one is different
    fingers crossed for you :)

12. Emarismummy

with my lil boy i just thought af was going to come all af symptoms but no af ....i had no sickness at all during my pregnancy x fingers crossed but i think i would have a feeling if i was xx

13. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

lol i had no idea i was preggy with this one until the line showed up on the test lol i had symptoms from like 2 weeks but i honestly didn't feel pregnant, i was 6 weeks when i found out lol
    depo does funny things to your body but the best advice i can give you is not to "try" for a baby but just don't use contraception :) in my exp as soon as you stop trying you get pregnant lol strange but so true :) xx

14. Emarismummy

i was thinking that i keep saying to oh theres no point trying but then i just keep thinking about it :( did test this morning but was bfn as usual xxx

15. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

aww well its still early to be testing hun u never know :) but trust me chill out and stop trying and you will get preggy :) xx
    fingers crossed for you hun xx

16. Emarismummy

thank you :) are you hoping for a boy or girl? x

17. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

im not bothered what bump is tbh cos i got one of each although i have a feeling its a girl xx

18. Emarismummy

awwww ive always 4t id love a lil girl but now i think id want a boy because my son would love a lil brother x

19. xJG30

xJG30 Tom & Mummy <3

20. Mamafy

Mamafy Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4

Welcome to BnB :wave: