Hello, newbie here :)

toffee87

Reaction score
Hey all!

The reason I'm here is because I'm 21, final year Uni student (finish in May) and I've been crazily broody for the last year or so.

I can't have a baby for a few years until me and my bf (been together 3 1/4 years) have moved in together etc. So it'll be atleast 3 years until we're stable money wise.

Argh!

Hate the idea of waiting too long.

broody21

xxxxxx

welcome broody.... its the spot to hang out. Enjoy your time with OH while you are free from the responsibility of kids (at least i tell myself that ha ha).... and this is a great forum to learn from others how to bide the time, to learn about ourselves etc

hehe I know what you mean. I just tell myself enjoy experiencing new things before having a baby. I know that having a baby now isn't what I want *now* but once i'm living with my bf etc then it will be what i'm waiting for hehe.

I agree with what some one said on a different thread, it's like a switch that's on and can't turn it off!

lol, that happened to me and my hubby thought i went insane....

after we got married a month later it i thought....babies (i never had time before that to think about it with all the wedding craziness) and then ..BAM.... on went the switch and off went all logic and patience ha ha

I agree with what some one said on a different thread, it's like a switch that's on and can't turn it off!

Definitely agree with that! I'm 24 soon, and I don't think my husband quite understands how I can go from not wanting kids, to starting to want them a year and a half ago! I don't think men understand our biological urges! :laugh2:

hehe i just cant wait to get to the right place where we can ttc, and the road to getting there will be fun :)

I'm the same, been married 18 months now and desperate to ttc. Seems everyone else is having their second baby now amongst my friends. The time is right for me now, settled at work and at home. plan to ttc in July, so excited

some of my school friends have 3 - 4 kids.....yikes. but i am glad i waited as i feel ready within my career to take time off or rather take it easier - i have my place which i have paid off and receive rental money and that will give me some financial freedom so i wont feel like penny pinching too much and i can spoil my kiddies and myself a bit :)

Do you mean you own a house and rent it out? I'm confused hehe xxx

https://th244.photobucket.com/albums/gg2/sunflwr77/th_goodluck.jpg

I'd hate waiting that long! I'm very impatient!

Welcome to BabyandBump also

:D

How does one lower the broodyness? It's all I can think about. It's sad because I have depression, and have done for 2 years. Been on meds for 5 months, and so as well as waiting to be financially ready, I have to get rid of this beast first. Me and my bf don't want to live together until I do-I get very distant and snappy at times, and we want me to be as good as I can be before we move in together etc. It's such a horrible disease.

Hey Broody,

depression sucks major. I have been suffering for many years and it really impacts on your relationship. The good news is that with the right amount of support from your OH it shouldnt impact too much on your TTC. Its important that he understands whats going on with you and why (i.e. that its not your fault but that of your chemicals and coping skills etc). Its best to get that sorted out before having kids anyways so that you can be a team in raising the rugrats...

Well, me and my bf discussed things last night. I knew he wanted babies, we have discussed it briefly (me hinting for the future) and I said last night "I know we can't plan, but I think I'd really love to have a child in 3 or 4 yearish" and he said providing we have money and are both ready then no reason why not :)

I know it's a long way in the future, but atleast I know for sure that he's not a man who wants to wait 10+ years. I really couldn't wait long! I want to be a young mum.

thats great!!!! its important to know what his values are and where you guys are going.

i am only 25 (lol "only 25" i know that is not young really!!) - i didn't plan on getting pregnant when i had my ectopic pregnancy but that certainlly flicked my switch on!! And what a bright light it has!!

you are good to wait 3 years! i am struggleing with the 3 month wait (only half way though....)

Bring on June!!!! :)

i am only 25 (lol "only 25" i know that is not young really!!) - i didn't plan on getting pregnant when i had my ectopic pregnancy but that certainlly flicked my switch on!! And what a bright light it has!!

you are good to wait 3 years! i am struggleing with the 3 month wait (only half way though....)

Bring on June!!!! :)

I am also waiting till June. So we can keep one another company on our long wait :sleep:

I know how u feel. I have a 2 yr old and just had a miscarriage (baby due in october). I was going to take a yr out so now we are waiting 6 months so we wont be due to the summer or after depending on how quick it happens. The 6 month wait is killing me so i totally understand where u are coming from.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->