Hello People

Sara

Mum to Indi and WTO!
Reaction score
Hello there!

I'm Sara and here's my story so far... really hope it doesn't bore you!?!?

I met my husband nearly 6 years ago, got married nearly 3 years ago.
We pretty much let 'nature take it's course' when it came to birth control from the beginning. Four years later we decided to ttc properly, so I charted bbt, checked cm & cevix etc, I bought ovulation kits, saliva ferning microscopes and 100's of HPT's!
After a year or so I got quite down about it all - especially after my GP showed deep concern about me not getting pregnant for 5 years. So I put away my thermometer and the rest and just gave up for a bit.
As usual each month went by and I still got my period, but this time I wasn't obsessing over phantom pregnancy symptoms.
My husbands father died suddenly in July. It was a terrible time, obviously, so I concentrated on my husband and his mother.
Five days after my father-in-laws funeral I noticed that my period was a bit late, so I counted how many days my cycle was and compared it with my previous charts. It was day 36 and according to my other charts the longest cycle I'd had was 36 days so I told myself that I'd do a test the next morning.
The next morning I found two remaining internet cheapy HPT's and POAC!
Two SECONDS later I was stumbling out of the bathroom towards DH with a stick in my hand. "Two lines! Two lines!" Was all I could say! DH just stood there gobsmacked so I ran back to the bathroom to use the other HPT. That too came with two very strong lines in a matter of seconds.
DH brought me back to earth for a moment, reminding me that the IC's were quite old etc. So I had to wait an hour before the shops opened to go and buy a proper HPT!
I didn't stop shaking the whole time, rushed down the shop as soon as it was 9am and bought a Clearblue test.
I had thrown out my FMU so had to squeeze out as much as possible on to the Clearblue!
Two lines straight away!
So here I am now, 10 weeks 4 days pregnant. I'm still in shock, after all these years I got pregnant right when my husband needed something to keep him going. Nature's a wonderful thing sometimes :)

Forgot to add that I had a scare at 6 weeks, so went to A&E. Had an internal and some tests done which all came back clear and was booked in for an ultrasound at my EPU.
The ultrasound was amazing, we saw our baby's heart beating and was told that everything was fine. I have two cysts on my right ovary but hopefully they'll diminish as my pregnancy goes on.
I've got my 12 week scan on 8th October... Can't wait!

How exciting, Congratulations hun and welcome to baby and bump :hugs::hugs::hugs:

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/mckaylalovesyou_photo/Welcome.gif

Welcome to BabyandBump BIG congrats on your bump news after a long jouney TTC ... FAB :yippe:

Hope you enjoy the forum

:D

welcome to B & B:hi:

Wow, what a journey! Gives hope to a lot of us that have been ttc for a while.

Here's to a happy and healthy few months. When's your due date?:hugs:

welcome to baby and bump and congrats on your pregnancy :D

WOW! What an amazing story! Congratulations and welcome to BnB! :hugs:

Thanks for all the welcomes, your all very kind :mrgreen:

welcome to B & B:hi:

Wow, what a journey! Gives hope to a lot of us that have been ttc for a while.

Here's to a happy and healthy few months. When's your due date?:hugs:

Hi Amanda! Due date is 21st April :)

I hope you don't have to wait for as long as I did for your BFP :dust:

:hi: Welcome To BnB :headspin:

:hugs: Congrats on your Pregnancy.....Wishing you a Happy and Healthy Remainder of you pregnancy..... :)

:happydance:Thank you Sam, Suz and Iwantone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->