Hello... Temping question

Jamileau

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i have been reading a lot but it's time for me to post.

Me and the SO have been NTNP since July of 2014 with no signs of a BFP in sight so we decided to step up our game a bit. I have just started temping and have a question.

I know you're supposed to temp at the same time every morning but we have three dogs who sleep with us. Which means I regularly wake up early to one (or more) of them moving around. I usually just kind of roll over and go back to sleep but from then on for the next hour or so it's usually very interrupted sleep. Should I temp when I wake up that first time or when I am actually getting up for the day??

Thank you for all your help and you'll probably see a lot more of me now that we are actively trying.

Hi ladies, i have been reading a lot but it's time for me to post.

Me and the SO have been NTNP since July of 2014 with no signs of a BFP in sight so we decided to step up our game a bit. I have just started temping and have a question.

I know you're supposed to temp at the same time every morning but we have three dogs who sleep with us. Which means I regularly wake up early to one (or more) of them moving around. I usually just kind of roll over and go back to sleep but from then on for the next hour or so it's usually very interrupted sleep. Should I temp when I wake up that first time or when I am actually getting up for the day??

Thank you for all your help and you'll probably see a lot more of me now that we are actively trying.

Hi there!!

I had a similar question (I wake up in the middle of the night and after realizing it is the middle of the night, I fall straight back to sleep). The replies I received was as long as you are not awake for more than a few minutes, it should not influence your temps.

From what you described, you wake up and then do not really fall back to a deep sleep again so I would test the first time that you wake up.

I'm not sure which would be best, testing at different times each night (because the dogs wake you up) or testing at the same time each morning but after interrupted sleep... :shrug:

Good luck to you!!

I would think even though it isn't the same exact time every morning, temping after the first wake-up would be better than temping after interrupted sleep.

Hello! I have a dog and 2 cats who sleep with DH and I so I can relate!! I have been temping for 6 months now and was concerned with waking up and interrupted sleep. For a while I was temping immediately when I woke up rather than going back to sleep and doing at the regular time but then I decided to try and just temp normal time. For me there wasn't a huge difference (only when I temped orally was there a big difference). Hope this makes sense/is helpful!!

Thanks so much for the help ladies. I am temping orally so I think I will continue to do so when I first wake up. So hard to not get frustrated. I know it takes time but I am getting impatient already. Let down month after month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->