Hello ...

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
I've just joined this section of BnB ...

As a Teenager I was always bullied about my weight so I tried going on diets. They never lasted because I was never motivated. I tried doing loads of exercise, but would only be able to keep it up for a short while. There was a time, a couple of years back, when I rode a bike a lot and people kept telling me I was loosing "a lot of weight". I wasn't, they just seemed to think I was. I never ever weigh myself as I don't want to look at the scales, yet every time I look in the mirror I hate what I see. I've always been jealous of my youngest sister, who is like a little stick! Sometimes I blame it on genes, as my mom is quite big. I used to also blame it on the fact that when I was growing up we never had 3 meals a day and most days would skip food. I'm not sure how that would be a factor but I need something to blame!

I don't know why I told you all that ... Anyway, what I was wondering is ... Do diets REALLY work? I am vegetarian, and can't eat wheat/gluten so I'm not quite sure what diet I could do anyway. I seem to be shrinking in height - unless all the doctors measuring things are all different - because I am 5ft 1, but I used to be 5ft 2and a half!! :shrug: ... Last time I was weighed was about a month ago. My doctor was just about to leave the sugery, and wanted to "update my records" because I have to keep seeing locum's until they get a new doctor. When she weighed me I was ... *gulp* 78.5kgs. I'm not sure what that is in pounds or stones or anything. She said this meant I was obese ... I didn't put on much weight when I was pregnant, though I didn't show for ages! I was literally all bump.

Again I dunno why I told you any of that! ... So basically I'm hoping someone can suggest a diet I could try, and I hope there'll be some people who can keep me motivated!

I just need to add, that when I used to exercise all the time I never lost any weight anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->