Help :( 15 Day period and STILL spotting!

lorenemaxine

Reaction score
I am not TTC!

Now that that's out of the way, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

My period was VERY regular for the longest time up until a few months ago.

I've attached snapshots of my calendar for reference.

In July, I had my period on the 1st. It was normal and lasted 7 days.

In August, I started my period on the 1st. It was normal and lasted 5 days.
I had ANOTHER period in August that started on the 23rd and ended on the 26th. The flow was fairly normal as well.

In September, I had sex on the 2nd, and I was the ONLY one that had an orgasm. He did not (my husband). I then started my period on the 17th and it lasted 15 DAYS. It was VERY clotty. HUGE clots. (I would have warned you about the TMI but I've seen worse things on this site!) That's the longest it's EVER lasted. It ended on the 1st of October.

Then on the 4th of October I started spotting. It has been on and off since then and it is now the 7th.

I have NO symptoms of pregnancy. I don't go to the bathroom more often, my nipples are normal, my boobs don't hurt. Most importantly, I have taken two HPTs and they were both negative.

I AM having other symptoms...

Yesterday I had about a 10 minute stretch where my upper back between my shoulder blades felt like I had a ton of bricks laying on it. The pain and heaviness went from there to my rib cage (front and back). It didn't last all day but it was VERY uncomfortable.

Today, I've had some pain in my right ovary. Kind of feels like pinching. Kind of feels like ovulation pains.

I've never been much of a period cramper, and I haven't had cramps throughout this whole whacked out cycle since August. They act and feel like normal periods, minus the extra clotting. With my normal periods, I DO clot. But not as much as I did during my 15-day-long period in September.

I have also never been pregnant.

Has anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas? Obviously seeing a doctor is in my near future but sometimes it's good to hear from people who has had these same problems.

Attachments

• 12064509_519265211564956_1325726988_n.jpg
    12064509_519265211564956_1325726988_n.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 12071510_519265204898290_195430035_n (1).jpg
    12071510_519265204898290_195430035_n (1).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 12071510_519265204898290_195430035_n.jpg
    12071510_519265204898290_195430035_n.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 12092527_519265191564958_6684783_n.jpg
    12092527_519265191564958_6684783_n.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1
When this sort of thing happened to me I went to my doctor and after some investigation it turned out I had polyps on the lining of my uterus.

It could be something totally different, but that's what it was for me. You should definitely go and see your doctor as soon as anything abnormal happens in your cycle. Wishing you the best :flower:

Are you on the pill or any other form of birth control? If so, are you taking it perfectly, not missing any days? I had several months like this last summer when my periods suddenly became really heavy and clotty (I've always had really light periods, like since I was 18 - I'm about to turn 35!). Then they started to lengthen. I'd start spotting several days before I'd expect to get them and they would carry on past when I'd normally expect them to end. Then I literally had a month when my period just kept going. Not as heavy as a normal period, but light bleeding and spotting every day for 3-4 weeks, even though I was on the pill. Saw an OB, had a transvaginal ultrasound done and smear test, lots of blood work. There was nothing obvious they could find that was wrong, but in the months leading up to that, I had missed a couple pills each month (something I'd done in the past without any problems, but for some reason, now it suddenly seemed to cause irregular bleeding). Being a lot better about religiously taking them helped to get things back to normal. I still have unusually heavy clotty periods (for me) and that's been for the past year. But there's no real explanation for it and it doesn't cause any problems, just annoying. Thyroid problems can cause heavy periods and there are a few other hormonal issues that can, so that would be something worth checking. Also, if you haven't had it checked in awhile, getting a sexual health check-up is a good idea. STIs and pelvic inflammatory disease can all cause unusual bleeding, and if you haven't been tested recently, those sorts of things can hang around for years without any symptoms until something like this pops up. So it's worth doing too just to be sure even if you think it's unlikely.

Are you on the pill or any other form of birth control? If so, are you taking it perfectly, not missing any days? I had several months like this last summer when my periods suddenly became really heavy and clotty (I've always had really light periods, like since I was 18 - I'm about to turn 35!). Then they started to lengthen. I'd start spotting several days before I'd expect to get them and they would carry on past when I'd normally expect them to end. Then I literally had a month when my period just kept going. Not as heavy as a normal period, but light bleeding and spotting every day for 3-4 weeks, even though I was on the pill. Saw an OB, had a transvaginal ultrasound done and smear test, lots of blood work. There was nothing obvious they could find that was wrong, but in the months leading up to that, I had missed a couple pills each month (something I'd done in the past without any problems, but for some reason, now it suddenly seemed to cause irregular bleeding). Being a lot better about religiously taking them helped to get things back to normal. I still have unusually heavy clotty periods (for me) and that's been for the past year. But there's no real explanation for it and it doesn't cause any problems, just annoying. Thyroid problems can cause heavy periods and there are a few other hormonal issues that can, so that would be something worth checking. Also, if you haven't had it checked in awhile, getting a sexual health check-up is a good idea. STIs and pelvic inflammatory disease can all cause unusual bleeding, and if you haven't been tested recently, those sorts of things can hang around for years without any symptoms until something like this pops up. So it's worth doing too just to be sure even if you think it's unlikely.

I've never been on any kind of birth control before :( I just had a UA and blood test done today and don't find out the results until November 19th but I'm going to try to get in to see my doctor sooner than that (it's my neurologist). I'm probably going to go get a pelvic exam done as well just to rule out all the other stuff. Thank you so much for your help!!

I am not sure about the reason, but I found some articles about that
hope these would help and can release some stress for you a little bit!
Maybe over exercise or stress?
I think go see a doctor should be a safest way.

https://www.webmd.com/women/tc/abnormal-vaginal-bleeding-topic-overview

https://www.bustle.com/articles/841...ns-you-might-be-bleeding-at-unscheduled-times
https://www.healthline.com/health/vaginal-bleeding-between-periods#Causes2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->