• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! Advice please Azoospermia (Zero Sperm Count)....

Pink Lolly

Newly Pregnant xx
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am fairly new to this site but I am looking for some advice please...

I am 27, DH is 30 and we have been TTC for about 15 months without success.

We recently started the initial fertility tests - my blood tests all came back fine. However, DH got the results of his semen analysis on Friday and found it contained no sperm at all! We were both devestated :cry:

The GP was fantastic and explained that there is still a glimmer of hope as it may be due to a blockage, so he has to repeat the SA and then have a biopsy to see if they find sperm. If they do then we can go onto ICSI. If not the only option will be donor sperm....

I would be really grateful to hear from anyone else who is in the same or similar situation, as we are both feeling very anxious and the journey ahead is daunting.

Look forward to hearing from you xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/270419-male-factor-roll-call.html

And I can't find it right now - but I think there is another thread specifically about this.

There are a number of women on here whose husbands have had surgical removal of sperm.

Best wishes. xo

Hello Pink Lolly....

I am so sorry about your news, we had a very low count and it took us some time to come to terms with it.... Glad you have a good GP it can make all the difference. I am guessing he will refer you to a Urologist?

I know there are a few ladies with journals on the LTTTC section ... Flake-y, Deb111, Looby Lou and Waiting Ginger...and am sure there are others...

FX for you hon xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/376424-dealing-azoospermia.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->