HELP!Anyone experienced bleeding/spotting?:(

mari_xx

Reaction score
So i promised myself not to post here everytime i feel something weird/different but i just need to talk :/
TMI alert! On thursday i noticed a bit of red blood when i wipe, couple hours later it got a bit worse, bright red blood only when i wipe but this time it was more blood. Put a panty liner and after a couple hours it was still clean tmi i know. Called my doctor and he said i shouldn't worry or go ER unless it was heavy bleeding or if i was in pain. I really trust him so i just went to bed (couldn't sleep tho)
On friday had the same thing but blood wasn't bright red anymore. Today (saturday) watery brown discharge again only when i wipe no panty liner needed...
I'm supposed to be 7 weeks, had a scan last saturday but couldn't see baby or hb they said it was too early and i might of had ovulated late.
Am i miscarrying? Is that even normal? :(

First off nobody will be able to tell if you are miscarrying except a doctor. And sometimes they cannot tell until it has started to fully miscarry.

Second, spotting and bleeding can be perfectly normal. There is a lot of blood flowing to the area. I had very strong implantation bleeding. I still spot randomly. Your vaginal walls or cervix could be bleeding. It is perfectly normal. They just bleed because of the extra blood to the area, or because you are doing the good ole test with the finger. That can scratch and cause more bleeding. Also intercourse can cause bleeding, because the area is sensitive and easily agitated.

If you have signs of shock, severe pain, or cramping with the bleeding go to the hospital. Otherwise do not worry.

I had sever cramping with my bleeding but it turned out to be constipation and ligament pain. Don't worry. It's perfectly normal to freak out. Your body is going through some crazy changes.

Some things you can do:

Take a warm bath, have the significant other give you a soft massage, read, sew, color, and listen to music. Anything to relax and calm your nerves. Nerves aren't good for baby or you.

You're right greenchelonia, thank you! I can't help but worry... My mum & even my doctors said the same as you but i'm just stubborn i guess, just wanna go ER asap but i will wait. :/ I'm not bleeding anymore & not in pain (just having normal cramps that don't even bother me, the same i've been having even weeks b4 this bleeding episode) still having the watery brown discharge when i wipe though.
Bed rest for me all day tomorrow me thinks. :) should i wait a couple more weeks to have another scan? 7w i know baby & HB supposed to be there already but i'm already a nervous wreck & if i can't see HB i might have panick attacks. (Always had them so i'm sure it won't be different this time just cos i'm pregnant) xxxx

Did you have sex recently? Your cervix is easily irritable and can get bumped during a pelvic exam or during sex causing even bright red blood. It happened to me in my last pregnancy but the doctor told me about so I wouldn't freak out.

I didn't have sex but DB & i had a bit of uh, fun... no intercourse, no penetration at all, but i had an orgasm. It happened on that thursday i started bleeding about 5/6 hours later. I've read about bleeding caused by sex but not just an orgasm so i didn't think it had to do w/ that at all sorry if it's tmi xxx

It's perfectly normal. I would wait for your next scheduled scan. Also, try not to panic if you can't hear the heartbeat. I have heard of some babies hiding behind the pubic bone. So they can't hear the heartbeat until later. Just means the baby is going to be good at hide and seek haha

I have anxiety as well. I have given advice on many posts about how to calm down. Find other things to focus on as hard as that may be. Sewing, warm baths, cooking, arts and crafts, reading, deep breathing, exercise, etc.

You aren't stubborn. You are a new mother. You are supposed to be a worry wart haha.

Try to rationalize your thoughts. When you feel yourself getting anxious analyze the statements you are making.

For example:

I AM miscarrying.

Not true. It may be normal. I don't have any symptoms that are not normal. Worrying won't change anything. Some women do spot through the entire first trimester and have a healthy pregnancy.

So change it to a rational statement.

I might be having a miscarriage or I might not.

Try this with any irrational statements your anxiety brings up. It really helps me. It makes you recognize how your anxiety can control your thoughts.

Again you're right greenchelonia! I'll definitely try that changing statement thing. I need to be positive! :) your words make me feel better. & i'm just getting ready & even excited for my bed rest tomorrow hehe that silly spotting will stop! I'll deffo be quiet watching loads of films under my duvet xxxx

Mari that explains it then me & oh had 'fun' no intercourse or penetration and my orgasm made me start spotting immediately x

I had a lot of spotting/bleeding with my first two pregnancy's and both my baby's were fine. Try not to worry unless it gets really heavy and have pains aswell xxx

Exactly 6weeks Dh and I had alittle fun no penetration after orgasm a couple hrs later brown inly when wiping kinda scared me but didnt freak me out. The brown d/c only happened twice then went away. I had a scan coming up next week... and when I went at 7weeks there was lil bean heart flickering away... but seriously try not to worry too much I know its hard but its true our cervix are super sensitive right now. Keep us updated when you see your lil bean!

I had bright red bleeding with this pregnancy-started quite dramatically and really heavy one night, so went to hospital. A scan showed a sch (a blood clot in womb) I bled 7 long weeks, but all is great now. This began at 13+3 weeks

Babies are tough in there, so don't assume the worst, but I would look into getting a scan in a week or so for reassurance. :hugs:

Thank you so much ladies!
I was freaking out bc it started with fresh bright red blood... Now it's some kind of watery brown discharge when i wipe. Weird... I'm trying not to panic anymore. The only reason i didn't book a scan yet is i'm SCARED! Had one at 6 weeks 1 day (i'm not too sure though cos i've never tracked ovulation) and there was just an empty sac :( should i wait then? xxxx

I was freaking out bc it started with fresh bright red blood... Now it's some kind of watery brown discharge when i wipe. Weird... I'm trying not to panic anymore. The only reason i didn't book a scan yet is i'm SCARED! Had one at 6 weeks 1 day (i'm not too sure though cos i've never tracked ovulation) and there was just an empty sac :( should i wait then? xxxx

Go for a scan at 8weeks. My doc told me that if you have a good heartbeat at 8 weeks then your odds are very good of carrying out a normal pregnancy. This is because by 8 weeks the embryo has undergone most its major developmental changes. So basically, if the baby is going to stop developping because of a chromosomal abnormality, it will often happen before 8 weeks. Where i live you can go for a private scan if you have a prescription from your doctor. Bleeding can be normal at 6-7 weeks, but it can also be a sign that something is wrong. I wouldn't spend money on a private scan before 8 weeks tho, because you may get false reassurance.
Hugs and good luck!

Go for a scan at 8weeks. My doc told me that if you have a good heartbeat at 8 weeks then your odds are very good of carrying out a normal pregnancy. This is because by 8 weeks the embryo has undergone most its major developmental changes. So basically, if the baby is going to stop developping because of a chromosomal abnormality, it will often happen before 8 weeks. Where i live you can go for a private scan if you have a prescription from your doctor. Bleeding can be normal at 6-7 weeks, but it can also be a sign that something is wrong. I wouldn't spend money on a private scan before 8 weeks tho, because you may get false reassurance.
Hugs and good luck!

Doctors prescribed me one hun i'm just really scared to book it :( hopefully everything will be fine& i will be reading this thread again with a smile on my face after hearing my bean's HB! I'm still spotting watery brown when i wipe or when i'm on my feet for a while. I'm doing my best to stay positive! Silly spotting will stop! Xxxx

I had bleeding with both my babies. My second was full on bleeding at 8 weeks just after seeing the hb. I was so petrified but a scan showed everything was ok, 2 weeks later I bled again but another scan was ok. I did keep bleeding until 12 weeks though with no problems and baby is now 6 months old. Hoping everything is ok for you x x

I had the same experience. i am just over 6 weeks and have had brown bleeding for nearly 2 weeks now whenever I wipe. I had a scan at 5 weeks which ruled out ectopic pregnancy but it was too early to detect a heartbeat. Yesterday after a 1 hour walk I had a massive gush of bright red blood which soaked through my clothes and when I went to the bathroom there was a large 4-5cm clot. I texted my OB to tell her I had miscarried. She asked me to come in today for a scan to ensure that the miscarriage was complete. Then guess what... there was the baby with a strong heartbeat happily beating away. I am still in shock and have been told not to do any exercise ( not even walking). I would recommend getting the scan as it might put your mind at ease and even if you bleed red don't panic - all could still be ok.

I had the same experience. i am just over 6 weeks and have had brown bleeding for nearly 2 weeks now whenever I wipe. I had a scan at 5 weeks which ruled out ectopic pregnancy but it was too early to detect a heartbeat. Yesterday after a 1 hour walk I had a massive gush of bright red blood which soaked through my clothes and when I went to the bathroom there was a large 4-5cm clot. I texted my OB to tell her I had miscarried. She asked me to come in today for a scan to ensure that the miscarriage was complete. Then guess what... there was the baby with a strong heartbeat happily beating away. I am still in shock and have been told not to do any exercise ( not even walking). I would recommend getting the scan as it might put your mind at ease and even if you bleed red don't panic - all could still be ok.

That's so beautiful!! I've been bleeding on and off since 5 weeks, I had a scan at EPU 21st July and showed a 5mm empty sac and now have a follow up scan on Wednesday and i'm so nervous as the bleeding has started up again today and it's quite a runny liquid! I should be 7weeks and a couple of days come wednesday according to LMP but not sure as cycle is irregular. So nervous but will remain positive as i have only had bright pink bleeding. I'm so happy for you :hugs:

No spotting today yet hope this is a good thing. Scan on thursday ladies!!! I don't even know how i feel about it yet... Part of me doesn't want to go at all as on my last scan one week & two days ago there was only a 7mm empty sac.
Dreading it but at the same time i have this tiny little bit of hope inside me that i might be able to see my bean and hear it's beautiful HB!

I bled like a light period flow with my son from 4.5 to almost 7 weeks and everything was fine. Best of luck.

with my previous pregnancy, I had several bleeds on and off till around 20 weeks. it was red blood on the first day and brown spotting for the next 2 days. I was always placed on bed & pelvic rest for 10 days to 2 weeks. i wasn't cramping more than normal, and I cramped a lot during my pregnancy, but it didn't get worse or anything when I was bleeding.

during the first bleed I had an internal ultrasound at the er and they said the baby was still too small and no heart beat yet and recommended I check in with an ob within a week. a few days later, when i stopped bleeding, I went to the ob and she did an internal scan and there it was...heartbeat. it had literally just started, those couple of days made all the difference.

my LO was just fine btw :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->