Help! Ate raw egg...

bboopboop

Reaction score
Had a burger that had an aioli sauce. It didn't dawn on me that the sauce is made with raw egg! How bad is this?!

Erm...I've eaten it several times. Not really on purpose. But baby and I are fine so far!

To put it into perspective ... Ye reason there is a list of bad foods is coz those foods can carry listeria...

There were 4 reported cases of listeria in the whole of Australia last year...

It's so so so so incase...
My dad (who is a boss at a major astralian food company and has to be up with safety food regs) said the only thing he would be too concerned about are salamis coz they're the most likely carrier as they are cured over time and not cooked... However once cooked on a pizza are fine.

From the tiny exposure u will and bubs will be fine

I have had pizza twice with garlic aoli on it and in abundance too and bubs is great

More than likely, you'll be fine. Was it homemade or from a restaurant/jar? Aioli is basically just garlic mayo. If it's commericially prepared, it's as safe as any commercial mayo (which is to say, as safe as any other food). If it's homemade, then there is a slight risk, but if it was freshly made, then it's very unlikely you'll get sick. I've eaten uncooked eggs plenty of times since I've been pregnant and as you can see, we are perfectly fine.

Also, don't forget that if it was at a restaurant or if it was commercially produced, the chances are that the eggs were pasteurized, which are ok even when raw, because the main worry with raw eggs is salmonella, the risk of which is removed after eggs have been pasteurized.

See the raw eggs section here: https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html
And this about.com page (although it's about a specific brand, the general info is correct): https://culinaryarts.about.com/od/eggsdairy/gr/Safest-Choice-Pasteurized-Eggs.htm

You'll be fine hun! My sister stupidly put raw egg in a dessert she made when I last visited and, without knowing, I ate it all! Needless to say, baby is still alive, healthy and kicking in there!x

Such a small chance of anything happening, I wouldn't stress :)

If you live in a first world country, chances are the eggs were pasteurized. Most places won't serve them otherwise, especially raw. Also, what's done is done, and you can't remove whatever you ate from your body yourself (even if you induced vomiting right away, there's no saying you actually got it out). So, just don't worry about it. If you're vomiting and have diarrhea, then I'd get to the doctor and explained what happened to get tested and treated for illness, but otherwise... just enjoy life. I'm positive that you and baby will be just fine. :)

Are you feeling sick? If not then you haven't got salmonella poisoning (which is the risk with raw egg) so you and bub will be fine!
As others have said, chances are it was pasteurized anyways
Don't worry!
Rx

Im sure its fine. obviously i wouldnt make a habbit of it but im sure once by mistake is fine and wont have any effect on baby :) If you are worried that much you could always call your midwife and just tell her over the phone and im sure she will put your mind at ease.

i woudnt worry about it. like people said, the risk of getting poisoned is sooo small. the egg itself does no harm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->