help - attaching wreath to font door

happilyhappy

Reaction score
how do you all attach your wreath (if you have one) to the front door. I used to use a wreath door hanger that went over the top of the door and then the wreath hung from it. Problem is we moved this year and the front door is a double glazed one and it won't shut with the hanger on. So now I am not sure how to attach the wreath without damaging the door. Any ideas?

I have a glass front door and use one of those heavy duty suction cup hangers. I've had a wreath on my door for the past 3 years (I change them out depending on season) and have had no issues with those types of hangers. I have to use the kind that you push in for the suction to take hold; not the kind that you get damp and push on as those won't hold a heavy item and will just slide down the door.

We have upvc front door and the suction hooks and door hanger didn't work last year (wreath was too heavy).
If you find something let us know as I'd love a wreath this year.

We've always used these with no issues whatsoever. They stick on really good but you can still pull it off if you don't want it on your door year-round, and then you can buy replacement stick pads (or throw it out and buy a new hook with pads as they're very inexpensive).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Command-...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

I second the 3M command hooks, although I would suggest something I saw last year but haven't tried yet.

Put the hook on the back of the door (inside) upside down, hang your wreath from a ribbom from the hook, over the door, to it's resting place.

Sometimes Command hooks do not handle weather exceptionally well, although ours fell off in extreme heat not cold. They do make an outdoor product, but the ribbon trick sounds like it would work.

thanks everyone, I did try a command hook but it wouldn't stick to the outside of the door - we have those composite wooden looking pvc doors. The plan tomorrow is to try and attach the hook to the inside of the door upside down and then use ribbon or something to hang it over the door to the front x

thanks everyone, I did try a command hook but it wouldn't stick to the outside of the door - we have those composite wooden looking pvc doors. The plan tomorrow is to try and attach the hook to the inside of the door upside down and then use ribbon or something to hang it over the door to the front x

Good luck! I haven't gotten a chance to try it, we are living with my MIL this year, but next year, when we have our own house, I'm going to do my own wreaths and all the works!

I think MIL uses command hooks on the outside, but she has a porch that shades it.

We've always used these with no issues whatsoever. They stick on really good but you can still pull it off if you don't want it on your door year-round, and then you can buy replacement stick pads (or throw it out and buy a new hook with pads as they're very inexpensive).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Command-...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

I second the 3M command hooks, although I would suggest something I saw last year but haven't tried yet.

Put the hook on the back of the door (inside) upside down, hang your wreath from a ribbom from the hook, over the door, to it's resting place.

Sometimes Command hooks do not handle weather exceptionally well, although ours fell off in extreme heat not cold. They do make an outdoor product, but the ribbon trick sounds like it would work.

Ours survived up to -30 last winter and so far this year (it's been up for a month as we had a Halloween wreath on it before) it's been fine but it hasn't really gone below -5 yet.

I can definitely see why the adhesive might have some issues in the heat though.

Good luck! I haven't gotten a chance to try it, we are living with my MIL this year, but next year, when we have our own house, I'm going to do my own wreaths and all the works!

I think MIL uses command hooks on the outside, but she has a porch that shades it.

I have hung it with the upside down command hook inside and some tinsel as I didn't have any ribbon to hand. Fingers crossed it will still be there in the morning x

I have two wreathes (twig/berry type) that I tie together with ribbon and hang over the top of the door (so one is inside and one outside, if that makes sense) and I use a bit of white tac or tape on the top of the door to stop the ribbon moving. That way the (glass) door looks the same both sides and it's a bit of decoration inside instead of looking at the back of the wreath outside. My mum only has one wreath on a solid uPVC door and uses one of the green 3M wreath hangers with no trouble, and just replaces it each year.

I'm going to have to try the 3M things. We just moved this year, too, and our doors have a big glass circle thing in the middle that has raised wood around it, so the over the door hanger won't lay flat. I was trying to figure out what to do to hang them, so I'll give those a try.

We do the hook inside and ribbon over the door trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->