HELP!! BD two nights in a row??

sdova

Reaction score
okay so my husband and have been ttc for about 3 months, and we were told to have sex every other day, which was a little difficult since we normally would have sex sometimes a few days in a row. but for the past few months its been every other day. Yesterday my husband had a fever of 100 but we didn't want to miss my ovulation so we BD'd and today I got a very dark positive on an ovulation test, would it be okay to BD again or do you think it would best to skip tomorrow and BD the next day?

they SAY its better to bd right after your postive so the spermies can make their way up there in time for the egg which typically is 12-24 or (36) hours after your 1st opk positive, if hes sick try to catch a bd early in the morning :) but since you did bd today i think you'll be okay till tomorrow good luck :)

BD if you can! I would get a few positive opks and it would take a few days fot O to happen sometimes so DH would have to "be ready" for 3-4 days in a row sometimes lol. It wasn't always easy as we aren't spring chickens but we wanted to make sure we had the 3 days including O day under our belt. Thank goodness I started to chart because before I did I would get a positive opk and figure I o'd that or the next day and it turned out it was taking longer! Good luck!

Sperm can live and travel inside you for 72 hours...So I think you should be okay...but if Hubby is up to it...BD away!!

I've read that bding every day if dh is up for it is actually better than every other day...they used to say with low sperm count every other day is better, but a study disproved that and found that with low sperm count every day is better! And with normal sperm count everyday would be better too!

I've learned, after getting pregnant from having sex one time, 4 days before ovulation, that as long as you do it once before O, you're in the running. Don't over analyze it.

Wow I wish it was that way for us purplecupcake! I think some folks (sperm quality and reproductive conditions vary) may not have such fortune and need to place their efforts a bit more precisely to catch the eggy...myself and DH are a perfect example. There's no need to worry of course but if a couple can get it done on the most fertile days it will do nothing but help so why not?:thumbup:

I am in a similar boat. I am now on my third day of a positive opk! The first day the lines were equal, and yesterday and today the test line is way darker. We bd the first two days, and I'm worried we won't be able to tonight

I expected to O on Valentines day but felt like it didn't happen. We bd 5 times that week, but I doubt his swimmers would survive until now. Any thoughts?

I never thought getting preggers would be this difficult

I am in a similar boat. I am now on my third day of a positive opk! The first day the lines were equal, and yesterday and today the test line is way darker. We bd the first two days, and I'm worried we won't be able to tonight

I expected to O on Valentines day but felt like it didn't happen. We bd 5 times that week, but I doubt his swimmers would survive until now. Any thoughts?

I never thought getting preggers would be this difficult

Well you can only do what you can do right hun? BD when you can since your not charting and may not O tonight or even maybe tomorrow or the next day:dohh: Normally O happens 1-2 days after your most positive opk so if DH and I missed an evening we would go for it the next morning before work. I found this worked better for him...morning libido or something lol.

I agree, I never thought it would be this involved either… I was under the illusion (in my youth - which seems many moons ago now) that one time (at any time of the month bar AF) was enough! It seems that some people get that lucky but so far we haven't been - we are now on Cycle 2 of TTC no. 1 and we are doing the SPEM method.

I did an OPK yesterday and today and had a very faint line on both… I'm going to keep taking them daily to see when we get that positive but it just goes to show as previously I would have gone off EWCM really and that's not totally reliable! We have BD'd CD 6, 8, 10, 12, 13 and I'm not sure what to do - take a night off or keep going until we get that positive?! I don't want to miss out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->