Help! Bleeding at 5weeks and strong bfp ... Pics attached

Tarabay

Mammy to a lovely boy! :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm nearly 5 weeks pregnant and this morning I got up and as usual took my frer to make sure that line was getting dark but when I wiped there was brown....a couple of hours later when I wiped there was pink......this afternoon brown again, wee bit more...also some staining on my underwear! I have attached a picture of my test from yesterday which is the bottom one and top is this morning! Help!!!!

https://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y479/c_mac2008/3402D1F2-4EFF-47D4-BA61-E637A42BE9BD_zpsgtbyv3wi.jpg

Thanks

Didn't want to read and run, probably nothing since its not red! U should phone ur epu x

Id not take too much notice if te line as those frer as so hit and miss, but Id deff phone epu for advice

I would definitely call your doctor! I'm sure you're fine because it's not bright red. However, I had a positive one day and a negative the next. Ended up miscarriage and I started off with brown spotting that turned into pink and then into red. :( However, some spotting can be normal. It's all so confusing. Keep us updated. Sending you hugs!!

Like PP has suggested it's likely nothing to be concerned with. I have had this happen in both pregnancies now, and my spotting didn't progress into bright red blood. It stayed pink/brownish and in my 1st pregnancy I had it for a few weeks before It just stopped. could be good to mention it to your Dr as he/she might like to run tests for progesterone levels etc to make sure all is good. My Dr was a bit lax and just said roughly 80% of pregnancies will have spotting at some stage and unless it goes red then it doesnt mean much. I prefer a more hands on approach, but anyway good luck! Hopefully all is well. Your tests look great

Maybe late implantation bleeding that dislodged somehow? I had spotting from 5 weeks to 9 weeks that was ranging from brown, pink and bright red. Went to the ER and it turned out just old blood.

Also sometimes when your HCG is too high the pregnancy tests can't pick it up too well (I know sounds weird) but look up hook effect, if you add water to your urine you might get a super strong line.

Try not to worry and wait and see, but if it starts becoming lots of red blood with clots or cramps, go straight to the ER. You and your bean are in my thoughts!

Like others have said, Probably nothing to worry about. I bled like you are describing from weeks 3 to 7. I would still call your doctor and let him or her know what is going on though. They may want to do an early ultrasound.

I've had pink spotting when I wipe; today, Sunday, and last Wednesday. I had a scan and bloods and my levels are doubling and scan showed normal for 5 weeks. I understand exactly how you feel. I'm freaking even though I'm sure it's " normal". Got a thread on this in 3rd tri for success stories on early bleeds that continue to healthy pregnancies. Have you had any bloods done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->