Help!Bleeding stopped, hcg up after it had dropped..confused.

lulu83

Momma to 2 girls under 2
Reaction score
So this would be M/C #2 for me. 1st was in december.
my lmp was 2-1-11. I got a BFP on 2-28.
on 3-2 my hcg was 212.
on 3-7 i started bleeding. HCG was 1700 on 3-7.
bleeding continued. had an ultrasound on 3-10. they didnt see anything. Hcg came back in the 900s.
i went for a follow up yesterday. The bleeding stopped tuesday, 3-22. My Dr was hoping that HCG wouldve totally dropped so he could do some blood work and whatnot to test. Hopefully to find out if theres a reason for 2 mc in a row.
I called today for HCG results, bc they wanted me to come back in a few days for another one. The nurse was shocked when she saw that my HCG is now up to 4533. My dr is out of the office so she talked to another one of the drs. They are having me go to the hospital on sunday for another HCG quant test and an ultrasound monday morning at 8:30.

im so confused! The nurse told me it could be a few things. it could be retained product and id need another d&c (but whyd the #s go up AFTER i bled for 2 wks...???) or it could be that i am still pregnant. I find that hard to believe bc there was a drop in HCG a few wks ago, and 2 wks of light to moderate bleeding. She sd they arent too concerned about it being ectopic, bc they hadnt seen anthing in the U/S. Ive read about a vanishing twin? anyone know anything about this?

any feedback would be awesome....since i have to wait til monday to find anything out. I was just starting to really try to get back to normal after this 2nd mc, but the roller coaster ride continues. im so confused.

thoughts?

I've heard about it happening when there are twins and one passes... I'm really sorry there is so much confusion.. I DO hope there is still a healthy little bean in there for you hun!

Thanks so much for the reply :)
I hate being in limbo!
guess ill know more next week..
Id just started accepting this 2nd loss and now the roller coaster ride continues..lol

Hey Hun, this happened to me, exactly the same actually and it ended up being ectopic. I hope its not in your case but if you have any pain go to emergency. Xx

Same thing happened to me but my HCG just went up a few numbers and it ended up being an ectopic. Hopefully it is not the case with you. I definately agree with Mum2Micah that if you have any pain go to the emergency room. xxxxxx

Thanks guys. I kind of assume its ectopic :( no pain.
Yet. Just had blood drawn at hospital so dr can have it for after my u/s tomorrow am.
the waiting continues...

Hope its good resullts for you! I had no pain either so doctors thought it was wierd that at 8 weeks with the tube bleeding and I felt normal. The waiting sucks but u will soon have answers xx

So hcg yesterday was 7380.. u/s this morning showed a sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat, so its abnormal and he wants to do d&c Thursday.
needless to say, im ruined all over again. It feels like itshouldve been better news since hcg went up and they saw SOMETHING in my uterus..but no..just a sac :(
thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Not looking forward to another d&c..still wishing it was a viable pregnancy :(

Surely they should do bloods again in 48 hours u might be to early to see pole as ur bloods practically doubled

So hcg yesterday was 7380.. u/s this morning showed a sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat, so its abnormal and he wants to do d&c Thursday.
needless to say, im ruined all over again. It feels like itshouldve been better news since hcg went up and they saw SOMETHING in my uterus..but no..just a sac :(
thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Not looking forward to another d&c..still wishing it was a viable pregnancy :(

I'm sorry hun :( How are far along are you supposed to be?? The only reason I ask is because sometimes the baby develops at a slower pace or they just can't see well.. I of course dont want to give you false hope or drag this out.. but if it's still early~ you might want to hold off just to be 100% positive that it is indeed a nonviable pregnancy, especially with your HCG levels being decent. I know lady on here right now that was told the exact same thing.. she didn't feel right about it- got a 2nd u/s a week later and BOOM, there was a baby with a heartbeat. I made doubly sure for myself too even though my HCG levels were dropping.. plus I started bleeding- so then I really knew for sure. I'm soooo sorry you're going through this my dear! lots of hugs for you! :hugs:

I wouldnt let them do a D&C just yet hun make them do another blood test in 48 hours if ti goes up ask them to do another ultrasound in a week thinking of you hun :hugs:

niamh22, thanks for the response.
right? shouldnt they test again? i dont feel 100% right about d&c scheduled for thursday... maybe ive been spending too much time at misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com ...

i just feel like none of this has been "normal," so maybe its just too soon? maybe my body just doesnt want to do things 'normally

the dr didnt say he wanted to test hcg again before d&c..i dunno. i just dont know what to ask for or if i should just take his advice and have a d&c?

i dont know. very confused. the dr was very confused too, which makes me doubt the d&c even more..

so confused. dont want d&c, but who does?

I would wait hun and ask your doc to do another blood test and ultrasound , I remember seeing a story on here about a lady who was diagnosed as having a mc turned out she didnt and was still pregnant . The fact that they seen a sac makes me wonder if the baby is just growing a little slower then normal hopefully your doc will comply with what you want hun :hugs:

thanks to all of you! i am going to ask for another blood test before the d&c and if its going up at a reasonable rate, ill ask for another u/s
this sucks...

Would ring them tomorro ask for blood test done tomorro thats 48 hrs then u will know for sure. fingers crossed

thanks to all of you! i am going to ask for another blood test before the d&c and if its going up at a reasonable rate, ill ask for another u/s
this sucks...

So sorry to hear this. When they told us at 11 weeks that our baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing at 8 weeks, we didn't want to believe it. Before going for treatment of miscarriage we opted for another U/S just to confirm (doctor told us that our insurance may not cover it, still we wanted to be sure and were willing to pay out of our pocket). Unfortunately, second U/S also didn't detect the heartbeat and I had miscarriage but our insurance company was kind enough to pay their part.

So I totally understand your doubts...wishing you the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->