Help! Car Tax

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
I bought a new car yesterday but the Tax had ran out. I drove to Swansea to get the car with my MIL so she could drive it back, I insured the car while we were there by changing my details over from the old car to the new so that way my old car was still insured to drive for the day. But it'd just hit me I need the log book [gotta wait for that to come in my name] and new insurance docs so how can I get tax without them or have I gotta wait? :(

If so it means I gotta re insure my old car for a week or so I guess

You don't need to wait for log book, you can get a form from the Post Office to fill in. Basically it's a "Tax Renewal Form" that you fill in yourself, not sure what the name is thoigh. You will have wait for Insurance Docs though.

I had to do it for DH's Van

If you do it online you don't need any documents,

You don't need to wait for log book, you can get a form from the Post Office to fill in. Basically it's a "Tax Renewal Form" that you fill in yourself, not sure what the name is thoigh. You will have wait for Insurance Docs though.

WSS!

As someone else said if you do it online, the disc will go to the previous owner.

You should have got part of the reg document when you bought the car, take that along to post office

WSS!

As someone else said if you do it online, the disc will go to the previous owner.

You should have got part of the reg document when you bought the car, take that along to post office

Thanks both!! Just phoned my insurer and they are emailing me my insurance docs so will print them and then go to the PO to get the form. Someone told me the PO wont do it because I dont have the log book so would it be better to go to the DVLA? I do have that doc, will take that too thanks :thumbup: x

Back before we all did it online I was a devil for losing my logbook documents (or not being able to find the safe place I'd put them in the previous year) and was forever having to trott down and do it at the Post Office without the logbook - was always done just fine with the form filled in like people mentioned.

you can tax the car with the little green slip you should of got once you filled in the 'new owner' details.. on the right hand side of the form, there would of been 4 pieces that you could tear off.. you should of had the green one, as for now thats your log book.

You can tax your car with that bit :)

All sorted, thanks ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"