• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

help - concealer for oily and spotty skin :)

F

foquita

I have oily skin and don't like the feeling of very heavy makeup on my face but I want one with really good coverage as I regularly have spots. the problem is I don't use anything that's tested on animals so I'm a bit more limited, anyone have any recommendations?

I was thinking about trying Mac concealer after seeing people saying it was good on here but then a friend said it's really heavy, thoughts?

TIA :)

I have just discovered bare minerals, i also have oily t zone and dry patches here and there. Also i hate cream foundations and concealers and this is all powder. If you have a debenhams department store near you go and try it as they have a makeup counter in there, i got a starter kit for £50 and you get brushes too.

thanks peanut :) that's what I'm using just now but I find it a hassle using a brush and it makes my pores look massive :(

Have you tried a bb cream? I have the garnier bb cream that i bought before thr bare minerals and i liked it as an all on one and easy to apply and doesnt feel too thick. xx

I got superdrug BB cream and I really like it but it doesn't totally cover some spots, hate having bad skin! :( I ended up getting beauty without cruelty concealer and it's ok but once I've finished it I won't buy it again so I need to find some sort of industrial strength stuff :haha:

Ahh hope you find something that works for you, it might be worth trying to combat the problem rather than concerntrating on cover maybe? There are some great pore shrinking products or the red cross have a makeup dept for people with scars or bad skin pigments/birthmarks they want cover, my dermatologist offered it to me as i have an issue with the sun and skin erruptions but i didnt take up the offer but it might be worth an email or phonecall , you might get a couple of samples ;)

i really do try to combat the problem but i have PCOS so they are caused by hormones so there is not much i can do about it, it's depressing :( that's a good idea, i'll do just that haha :) thanks for all your help :hugs:

Not sure if you still need this info, but if I can help, here it is. :)

I have had oily acne prone skin since I was a teen after years of buying and testing makeup products that don't work there's = concealers that work. MAC's Studio Finish Concealer and Makeup Forever's full coverage concealer.

And the best way I've found to apply concealers to scars, pits, active pimples if with a synthetic point eyeliner brush.

I hope that helps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->