Help!Cooking and Kitchen tools!...i don't have a clue!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I am so clueless in the kitchen...firstly i can't cook!...My mum used to always cook for me:blush:...and i don't know what kitchen tools are called...:blush:

When i start feeding my bubs i want to cook my bubs food...if i want to give him purees...what tool do i need in the kitchen? Is it a blender?...or a puree mixer?...whats it called?

Also if i want to give him vegatables...is it a veg steamer i need?

Im planning on buying them online today...and some recipe books:blush:

xxx

You can use one of those little hand blender things if you arent doing gigantic portions hun.

As for a steamer you can buy a separate electric one or you can buy one that goes on top of your saucepans that will steam the veg. Whatever is easier and more confy for you!!

Thankyou hun...my next challange is learning how to cook! :hugs: x

i dont have a blender but i would say they are good to get for blending food up for your baby and i also want to get a steamer for veggies as they cook better and cook potaotes quicker ive heard there brill . Im not so good in the kitchen either only for cleaning my partner taught me to cook lol but i need to learn more healthy things to cook for charlie at the moment im just giving him the baby jar dinners, goodluck with experimenting:munch::cake:!

Hand blender for pureeing - well worth it! You can steam the veggies as it keeps more goodness in, or you can just boil them in plain water & use some of the water when you are pureeing to thin the mixture as the goodness goes into the water.
When you first start weaning, it is just a case of steaming/boiling one or two veg together, in plain water then pureeing, or poaching a peeled/seeded/cored apple for example in plain water until soft then pureeing. There aren't much cooking skills involved until later on when bubs can eat more of the foods we do!!
I tend to make a few meals & use jars for more variety as you are limited to what you can use at this stage.
I'm sure you will be fine:happydance:

Well iv just ordered my blender! Now iv got to find a steamer! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"