help! could i be having another cryptic pregnancy?!!

What are betas? If you mean the blood preg test, I did get a bfn with my blood test during my second preg and an ultrasound the same day...I turned out to be 5 1/2months pregnant. This called a cryptic pregnancy, studies are finding this becoming more common bc of the lack of hcg in the system.

Can you not push for a scan hun? If its happened before it could happen again. Surely theyd give you one?x

A negative beta DOES NOT mean that pregnancy is ruled out. I am currently 35 week, 2 days and I have yet, to have a positive urine or blood test. My beta tests come up at <1. That is what is known as a cryptic pregnancy. They do exist. Currently there is a closed group on yahoo that has over 50 members going through this.

I am currently 35 weeks pregnant with a cryptic pregnancy. I have had many negative urine tests, 3 negative blood tests and 3 negative ultrasounds. I have started a support group for this on Facebook called cryptic pregnancy support group.

What ever happened in your pregnancy? I hear cryptic pg can last for years due to very low hcg which makes fetal development extremely slow.

Did you have a scan? I have read briefly of cryptic pregnancy, but I think many don't understand what they are or how they work, because it seems so impossible but clearly it isn't and it does happen. I hope you have answers

Cryptic pregnancies AkA “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant” type pregnancies DO happen HOWEVER, they do NOT last years because of freakishly slow growth etc etc...in these cases the women were NOT pregnant or lost the baby and then became pregnant again so it could seem like they are pregnant for longer than usual... a lot of these reportedly happen in under developed countries where there is little to no medical or prenatal care in the first place ... not trying to piss anyone off... it’s just a fact ...

Every persons body uses HCG differently so sometimes betas and BFPs aren’t normal and sometimes uterine position can cause baby to be missed on earlier scans or Doppler’s but no baby grows slower and takes 3 years to be born just because the mom is stressed or malnourished...I was on a cryptic pregnancy FB group and that is their most common “reasoning” for their supposed extra long pregnancies

I read a story ages ago about someone who was apparently pregnant for years, I can't remember where I read it otherwise I'd link it, goodness knows what happened there, whether it was a real thing, though I can't quite figure out if a woman had a foetus in her for that length of time how infection hadn't happened as this seems like it would be likely. But anyway, that's a different thing from this, that wasn't what I read about cryptic pregnancy, I read about not producing hCG (or at least it not being detected in urine or blood when tested for it)

Happycupcake I'm not sure if this was who you were thinking about but this is a story about a woman who gave birth to a "stone baby" that she carried inside of her for 46 years: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/body-odd/curious-case-stone-baby-f1C9926251

Yeah not really the same as a cryptic pregnancy, as hers was ectopic, but it IS possible for a woman to carry a baby for years in VERY RARE circumstances.

I haven't a clue. I'm sure I read something to do with mummified ... definitely not the same as cryptic pregnancy though

Ive read stories about pregnancy lasting 34 months due to slow growth and hormones which is classed as a cryptic pregnancy as they can only tell by u/s so it does happen it is very rare but you can find it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->