help! could i be having another cryptic pregnancy?!!

stephlynn

Reaction score
I have had 3prg/3births and my second one I experienced what I found out is called cryptic pregnancy. I had bfn up to feeling ds kick my tummy. Went in for an ultrasound/pregnancy test and was 5 months preggo still getting a bfn. So now I'm worried I might be exp the same thing. I've had the nausea for a couple months now off and on, have that I'm preg feeling-which I had with ds. And now for about a month I swear I am having that familiar quickening feeling before the kicking starts. Same spot same time at night, surely THIS isn't gas??? I have some symptoms and 1day period last month and late this month..have that I'm preg feeling though not sure if its real or if its hopes bc TTC. But again bfn, thankfully doc said if no period or short period this month she will do ultrasound bc of my past. I have follow up appt Jan 6, wondering if I should make a sooner appt or just wait this out til next appt.

Just act like you are. Take your prenatals and don't drink or if you do just one glass. That's if you feel like you can wait :) goods luck though! I really want to know an update on the 6th!! That's crazy that happened!

why the wait if u maybe that far along iwould think u would see the baby now

when did you get a bfp with your other pregnancies? I've wondered if women who don't get a bfp have that happen for every pregnancy?

With my first preg I was 3 1/2wks preg and third preg I was 6wks

I'm confused too. Flutters can start at 8/9 week but kicks not til 14th closer to 16th week.

Was it the second pregnancy you didn't find out til 5 months along?

I would go get blood work and ultrasound and see, good luck.

Yes it was my second pregnancy that I didn't find out til he kicked me and it turned out I was 5 1/2months preg when they did the ultrasound, yet still got a bfn same day as ultrasound. Crazy I know and if didn't happen to me I would have never believed something like this could happen.

Well, considering you have 3 children, I'd say you would know your body and what it feels like pregnant. :) If you feel like you might be, I would definitely try to get in sooner than that just to find out. Like others have said, act as though you are until you find out for sure but I would be trying to get in to get seen soon just because I would be dying to know, lol. Good luck!

Wow thats amazing. I hope you find out for sure soon, keep us updated. Have you had blood taken? I know some people dont get urine bfps but will still get blood pos xx

I feel like I am but not sure its bc I hope I am. Haven't had blood test yet but will let you guys know what I find out :)

Weird. I've never heard of that happening but hopefully this is the same situation. Good luck and I hope you get at least a blood test done soon.

No not yet but my stomach muscles have been really sore the past two days. Three days ago I had a bit of cramping and I thought I was getting my period bc I cramp the day before. Though these cramps felt a bit diff. Still getting bfn. Even took two first response early preg test that I read was best on market, but bfn there too.

No not yet but my stomach muscles have been really sore the past two days. Three days ago I had a bit of cramping and I thought I was getting my period bc I cramp the day before. Though these cramps felt a bit diff. Still getting bfn. Even took two first response early preg test that I read was best on market, but bfn there too.

thinking if u think ur sooo far along even by now the first response would show something...its soo sensitive its been picking up 5 mui for alot of ladies..

i would go and get bloods and sono if u think ur pregnant as not to drive urself nuts about tthis stressing so much :flower:

Just so you know...I got a squinter line on First Response two tests in a row The second test was two days after the first and had a darker line. I had betas done and it came back at 2...not pregnant!

The nurse who used to do my betas (molar pregnancy follow up) told me that some people only test positive via blood tests, its rare, but definitely can happen! Good luck, hope you get to find out soon!

A very rare cause of false negative results occurs when very, very, high concentrations of hCG are present. This is called the high-dose hook effect. The hCG assays works by forming a so-called "sandwich" with two different antibodies as the "bread" and the hCG molecule as the "meat." The hook effect occurs when the hCG concentration is so high that it saturates both antibodies and there are so many molecules that the antibodies don't actually form a sandwich. This is rare because women don't normally produce enough hCG to saturate both antibodies. The hook effect should be of concern in a hospital setting, but most women should not be concerned about a hook effect with their urine. A hook effect can be confirmed if testing shows a positive result after sample dilution.
Finally, the other reason for false negatives was only recently described and is referred to as the "variant hook effect." This is much more common than the hook effect. As pregnancy progresses, there are actually different variant forms of hCG that begin to appear in the urine. After about 5 weeks of pregnancy (i.e. 3 weeks after the expected period) concentrations of hCG beta core fragment are higher than all other forms of hCG. This is perfectly normal. Unfortunately, the concentration of hCG beta core fragment can saturate one of the antibodies used in the assay in certain pregnancy kits, and the other antibody doesn't recognize the beta core fragment. As a result, no sandwich forms and the test is read as a negative. The farther in pregnancy a woman is, the more likely that this false negative will occur. Similar to the hook effect, the variant hook effect can be confirmed if testing shows a positive result after diluting the sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->