Help: Crying and don't know why!

Ratty

Reaction score
My boy was sleeping through the night from 8pm till 6:30am and everything was going great. Now in the last two weeks he has slowly been getting worse and waking up more often at night.

At first we just had to put his dummy in and he would go back to sleep. Now he screams like he is in pain, but his eyes stayed closed. The only way we stop him crying is to roll him onto his side and prop a blanket behind him. He unfortunately wriggles and ends up back on his back and then starts screaming again. Its a horrible cycle.

We spoke to the clinic and they suggested we stop giving him fruit at midday as he might be struggling to do that. We have completely cut it out and it hasn't helped.

I thought teething but that doesn't explain why he is happy to sleep on his side! We tried last night giving him Panado Syrup (like Calpol) but it didn't help at all.

He has had a slightly runnier tummy the last few days and instead of going once a day its been between 2 and 3 times, but nothing hectic.

I can't stand hearing him cry like that! I also could really do with a good nights sleep. If anyone has ideas on what could be the problem or things we can try I'll be really grateful.

Did the pain start with weaning? if it did, he might be intolerant to one or more of the foods. try giving him only milk and see if he still has this problem.

Thank for replying Bisbis. We started weaning at 4 months and it was then that he started sleeping through. We were giving him cereal in the morning and either fruit or veg in the evening and he was absolutely fine and sleeping through. The problem only started recently, and we thought it might be because we had introduced lunch. We have taken lunch away again, and he only gets the veggies at night that we know he is fine with (I gave each one for four days to test).

Even if he is teething he will be happy to sleep on his side as this eminds him of when your holding him , my son is the same ..hes been weaned at 4 months and is now on 3 meals a day .. I found giving him veggies at night actually made him have bad dreams .. I tried to give him a banana or a bit of yogurt and that seems to ease him up allot :)

Hi it Sounds like he may be teething. Sometimes they do have runny nappies when teething. U could always get your doctor or health visitor to check to see if he is. If he is try the ashton and parsons teething powders on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->