Help! Feeling overwhelmed/hopeless/anxious...

ella_megalast

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am brand new to this forum, and I'm hoping I could have some feedback from others who may be going through a similar circumstance. Sorry in advance if this is long! :coffee:

A bit about me and my DH - I'm 30, he's 52. We've been TTC on our own for just over a year now. Found out a few months ago DH is low on all counts - 6 million / 30% motility / 6% morph (strict Kruger). His hormones are perfect, ironically, and was told he has the testosterone levels of a young man! He's very active, never smokes, drinks, and surfs/snowboards almost every weekend. He's been an amazing sport and has been taking a TON of vitamins - FertilAid, Motility Boost, C, E, Omega 6. When he went to see the male fertility expert recently, they ran another test, and his counts actually went DOWN slightly! :cry:

Because of his age, he had part of his sample be tested for DNA fragmentation. We don't have the results yet (not for another 10 days), but I can't help but feel pessimistic, because if all these vitamins couldn't even help his sperm levels, how can they help with DNA frag? I know that we more than likely will need to do IVF with ICSI, if we have any chance, but if the DNA frag is too high (over 30%), I guess our odds will be close to nil either way. :nope:

There's something else I should mention too, the last few months or so, we haven't exactly been BDing so much... just due to stress and pressure (mostly on my part - he's almost always a willing participant). :hugs:
So I feel as though the infrequent ejaculation may also be negatively impacting his result (on all counts). If the DNA frag is high, would it be a good idea to retest in a couple months, and see if there is any improvement?

Personally, I really, really don't want to use donor sperm. My husband is actually quite ok with it, and says he will love the child as his own. And I love him for that. But I just can't shake the idea of a stranger's DNA mixing with mine, and I so badly want our child to be a blend of both us. I've also read so many articles where donor conceived children have such a missing sense of identity, etc. And that they sometimes feel as the "second choice" kid.

Basically, I am so desperate to do whatever we can to have our child... :sad1:

Is anyone else in a similar boat? Any success stories with similar circumstances?

hey hun,
didnt want to read and run but wanted to quickly recommend, The Better Baby Book. Get it on amazon. It can't hurt. I love Dave Asprey, bulletproof exec his wife and him wrote that book when they were having issues conceiving. They now have 2 healthy children. I follow all his podcasts and blogs. He is all about being a biohacker but likeI said earlier it all started when he and his wife were trying to conceive.

Sometimes it can be your diet and lifestyle that makes all the difference

let me know what you think.

good luck to you

Hi JleStar - thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I will look into his book. Both dh and I are eating as healthy as possible but it can't hurt to see what else we can improve on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->