Help! Fleas, fleas everywhere!

I was sure the fleas were immune to frontline last year, so its funny to hear other people say it. We're using it preventatively (every 6weeks) rather than it having to treat a mass infestation. I might look at Advantage instead. Is that from a vets or can I get it from Pets at Home?

I was sure the fleas were immune to frontline last year, so its funny to hear other people say it. We're using it preventatively (every 6weeks) rather than it having to treat a mass infestation. I might look at Advantage instead. Is that from a vets or can I get it from Pets at Home?

The vet told us they were getting immune, which is why they gave us the combi (which uses different ingredients apparently), and I think that is also why you can only get it from the vet, so that the fleas don't get immune to that too.

I find grooming my cat twice a day with a flea comb helps. Any fleas etc just pop in a bowl of soapy water. We had this problem and they kept coming back until I did this every day for about a week or so and regular hoovering. Fleas are a nightmare so good luck

They've definitely gotten immune to the Frontline. We had a massive infestation last year, and to be honest, we just switched to Advantage and that was enough to get rid of our flea problem.

They do advantage for large cats at pets at home. We are at the vets on Friday though. 2 more days, feels like a lifetime haha.

I did the water bowl last night and today. EW fleas. I've salted the carpets, and used a spray, hoovering twice a day. Nobody has been bitten since yesterday so I'm managing it finally. Still getting fleas in the water bowls though, do I don't think the problem has gone. Just under control.

I can't live like this though. I am knackered! Only 21 weeks, but I'm aching in places I only ached when I was 35+ with my son. All this hoovering and furniture moving is killing my back/tum.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/385586/summer-to-bring-increase-of-fleas

Saw this earlier too. Typical! Haha. Screw this weather! Give me a nice freezing winter

Popped in tesco on the way to work and saw the headline a PP was on about!! great!!

Indorex is amazing, worked right away for us and we haven't had a problem since. We ordered it on amazon as it was much cheaper.

I'm willing to try anything at this point. I just spotted a flea and can't sleep. Is it just me that imagines them all over you just as you're trying to nod off? Haha

I know! I saw the newspaper in asda when buying lunch. Googled it afterwards. Disgusting. Screw English weather and frontline immunity.

We had a horrible flea problem a couple of years ago... I still have awful scars on my ankles and legs from it. We ended up using a flea bomb as well as the carpet powder, which my husband is allergic to. We didn't have a choice, they were relentless. The powder helped keep them under control, and I really think the bomb is what finally ended it.

Good luck!! I really hope you get it managed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->