help from other BFing mummies...

M

maddiwatts19

i'm Breast feeding Riley and my boobs are so sore.. not my nipples, but the rest of them. like achey and heavy. is this normal?

I have the same most days, plus itchy nipples. Sometimes my boobs even go hard, I think due to too much milk? Not a pleasant feeling.

i'm Breast feeding Riley and my boobs are so sore.. not my nipples, but the rest of them. like achey and heavy. is this normal?

do you have heaps of milk? mine feel like that when i wake up sometimes still, or when she's due a feed.
i thinks it all the milk weighing them down!! xx

Are they red anywhere hun? Or does it hurt when he feeds?? x

thanks girls..

Donna, no not an unusally large amount of milk. humm, maybe its just that... xx

Lisa, nope not red. and it tends to hurt less when he feeds..lol! :dohh: messed up body..lol xx

Could be a blocked duct if it eases when he feeds but you said both hurt.....have you looked at Riley's tongue?? Any white spots on it or anything different? x

I know what lisa's saying hope they arent to bad now :hug:

thank you! my own agony aunt :hugs:

*pops off to look at Riley's toungue*

now you mention it.. there are a few white spots... should i be worried??? :cry: x x

Thrush poppet....no biggy but you both need treating ASAP so you dont get sore. Sounds like youve caught it early (not that it's bad :hugs: ) so get to the drs tomorrow.
If your dr isnt up on oral thrush and BFing then you might need to tell him that you both need the treatment or you'll just pass it back and forth. Dont come away without a prescription for both of you xxx

oh ok... thank you so much lovely.. i'll phone doctors first thing in the morning :) x x x

hi hun how are they ??

Have you tried to massage them when your in the bath or shower how old is your baby?? your milk should regulate and produce just the right amount once you get a routine going,, i used to express mine as they got so painful when i first started feeding (he's coming up 2 now)

hi hun how are they ??

Have you tried to massage them when your in the bath or shower how old is your baby?? your milk should regulate and produce just the right amount once you get a routine going,, i used to express mine as they got so painful when i first started feeding (he's coming up 2 now)

thanks hun! :) no i havent tried massaging them, thank you for the tip!!
my little boys coming up to 3 months old.. so he's still little.... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->