HELP!!! Has this happened to anyone?

kindmama

Pregnant !
Reaction score
I took OPK tests all last week (all were negative as to be expected) However, the line was getting darker.
My LMP was August 13 (and I am a 25-27 day cycle person). On Friday (Aug 24th I had EWCM). On Saturday (Aug 26) I got the darkest positive line I've ever seen!
Same thing (the test line darker than the control) for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. (SO 5 days in a row of DARK positives!) Then Yesterday afternoon the surge seemed over as I got a pretty decent NEGATIVE- I did the test again last night and it was negative... However I just did another one and it was a dark line POSITIVE again.
I have never had this happen. I used OPKS last month and it was only positive for 2 days last month.
We have BD a lot. I am wondering if I ovulated and if so when? I am wondering if this kind of thing has happened to others? If so- did you get pregnant the same cycle of numerous +OPKs?

I even tested with other brands etc...so I know it's not the tests. I am NOT on any drugs. However- I take Omega 3 fish oils, tons of B vitamins, multi vitamin, baby aspirin, and Vitex and Maca.
(I also do have issues with low progesterone and had to supplement during my last pregnancy...but I have lost 3 early pregnancies... between my two children (Kevin 4 and Vivian almost 2).

Thanks for reading this- I know it is lengthy... I am so thankful for your help!

Yeah- but I would only be like 5 or 6 dpo at the MOST...

Yeah- but I would only be like 5 or 6 dpo at the MOST...

I just took the early HPT and it was negative?? I wish someone could tell me what they think is going on. I used the OPK tests so that it would help me pinpoint my ovulation date...now I am so confused!

If you got a negative HPT, then it sounds like your body is just gearing up to O. Keep up with the sex. It wouldn't hurt to do another HPT with your FMU tomorrow just to confirm though.

Keep BDing just in case, but OPKs can pick up HCG... usually too early for any HCG to be present yet though. I know one other girl who has been having this.

Maybe next cycle (if you even need to!! :) ) chart your BBT? It can confirm ovulation has happened so you don't have to keep using OPKs and getting confused.

I wish I knew if I ovulated! This hasn't happened before- last month theOPK was only positive for 2 1/2 days. So if I did ovulate I have no idea when? I called the OB office and they told me to go in on cycle day 21 for a progesterone blood test (day 21 was yesterday) I am a 25-27 day cycle person- so I hope this 21 day thing won't be affected by my shorter cycle. I have been taked Vitex and Maca. I wonder if this affects anything.

Vitex can change your cycle a little. But if you've ovulated in the past 4-13 days the blood test should show it.
Good luck!

The day 21 progesterone test will tell you if you ovulated recently. Progesterone reaches a certain level only after ovulation.

Oh thank you! I thought that would just measure my progesterone- and I have low progesterone already...so I thought it would be a pointless test for someone like me... afterall- I had 3 m/cs (all early) and when I took progesterone I stayed pregnant and now have a beautiful 19 month old daughter! So hopefully it works out for me!

well progesterone does say if you've ovulated, I have low progesterone too and its still easy to tell that ovulation has happened even if its low.

hope you get good test results!

Shoot- I think I went on day 22 instead of 21...does that matter? My lmp was August 13 and I went for the blood work yesterday morning (Friday Sept. 3rd).

well progesterone does say if you've ovulated, I have low progesterone too and its still easy to tell that ovulation has happened even if its low.

hope you get good test results!

Congrats on you BFP!!! When is your due date?:happydance:

That should be fine.. one or two days shouldn't matter. Its supposed to be 7 days after ovulation but since you're not sure when you ovulated, there is no wrong time to check as long as its near day 21!

Can I suggest charting on fertility friend, it will cross reference all your other symptoms so you will not miss O in the future! :)

Crazy. My OPK's are usually only positive for 24hrs at best so I know I will be ovulating 12-24 hours after I get my positive. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->