Help! Have I lost the baby?

Dashing2014

Reaction score
I went for a scan on the 10th from my dates I should have been around 5weeks 5days, they only saw the sac and put me at around 4 and a half to 5 weeks. I know I could of been off a little with my dates so I was ok with it. They scheduled another scan for the 24th to check growth. At 6pm on the 17th I went to the toilet and when I wiped there was pink blood, on the second wipe it had gone to brown. I was already sure in my mind that it was the start of miscarriage. Throughout the evening I had very light brown spotting which had completely stopped by the morning. I rang my epac and they told me to wait for my next scan and only to ring if I had heavy bleeding or severe pain.

I looked up spotting in early pregnancy and saw that it isn't uncommon and can be to do with the placenta attaching along with many other things so the last couple of days I've started to be relaxed again. Then last night we decided to do the baby dance and I went to the bathroom after and this time red blood still really light but RED. which also went to brown spotting through the night, again had stopped by the morning.

I have had no pain whatsoever and my pregnancy symptoms are still here probably the worst they have been. I'm throwing up everyday and just generally feeling sick all day.

I'd really appreciate your honest opinions, I'm not here for anyone to make me feel better or give me false hope.

Thanks to anyone who reads or replies and good luck to everyone.

Was the scan internal? Spotting is normal for after a scan x

I agree with the other poster, I wouldn't be too alarmed last yet. When I was pregnant with Eleanor I had awful cramping and had some brown and bright red spotting. I was sure I was going to miscarry (had to tell my boss I thought I was having a miscarriage as I was at work - fun conversation that was). Had two scans a week apart and both showed a healthy foetus.

Don't worry about the dating - the scans are more accurate than going by the LMP so you probably just need to wait a few more weeks. If you're not bleeding heavily or in severe pain there probably isn't a problem. It's always impossible to tell for sure until you see a healthy heartbeat but I can't see anything from the symptoms you've described that suggests that you won't see one when the time's right :)

The first bout of bleeding sounds like just normal early pregnancy spotting, and it is very common to bleed after intercourse because while pregnant the cervix is more sensitive and has more blood flow and when bumped can bleed. That is no reason to stop bding either so I think you are all good. I have had two MCs and have always been told to only worry if there was bright red blood without irritation (BDing, internal scan, cervix check ect.) Or if there was bright red bleeding with pain. I know first tri is scary and nervewracking, but try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy :) Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

I had a scan at approximately 5 weeks (dated from lmp) and they couldn't even find a sac. However my hcg levels continued to rise normally. Since time of ovulation varies, you have pretty much a two week window of error. I wouldn't worry too much and just schedule a new scan for a later date (8-12 weeks). Once your baby is big enough to measure, you'll get a more accurate time frame. Also, spotting and even some pretty painful cramping is absolutely normal. As long as you're not having blood flow that's similar to a normal period, you should be perfectly fine :)

Hi everyone, it wasn't an internal scan so that wouldn't of caused it. Just gonna have to wait it out for the scan Tuesday. Hoping everything will turn out ok. Thanks for your replies. I'll update the post if any changes or otherwise after scan. :)

I went for a scan on the 10th from my dates I should have been around 5weeks 5days, they only saw the sac and put me at around 4 and a half to 5 weeks. I know I could of been off a little with my dates so I was ok with it. They scheduled another scan for the 24th to check growth. At 6pm on the 17th I went to the toilet and when I wiped there was pink blood, on the second wipe it had gone to brown. I was already sure in my mind that it was the start of miscarriage. Throughout the evening I had very light brown spotting which had completely stopped by the morning. I rang my epac and they told me to wait for my next scan and only to ring if I had heavy bleeding or severe pain.

I looked up spotting in early pregnancy and saw that it isn't uncommon and can be to do with the placenta attaching along with many other things so the last couple of days I've started to be relaxed again. Then last night we decided to do the baby dance and I went to the bathroom after and this time red blood still really light but RED. which also went to brown spotting through the night, again had stopped by the morning.

I have had no pain whatsoever and my pregnancy symptoms are still here probably the worst they have been. I'm throwing up everyday and just generally feeling sick all day.

I'd really appreciate your honest opinions, I'm not here for anyone to make me feel better or give me false hope.

Thanks to anyone who reads or replies and good luck to everyone.

Hi

I had both brown and bright red bleeding with this pregnancy about 5/6 weeks but all was ok. Fingers crossed for you

Hi dashing, external scans before 8 weeks usually underestimate the age of a pregnancy so that would explain the discrepancy between your dates and the scan. Nothing to worry about. As for the bleeding, it doesn't sound like you have already lost the baby as that normally involves passing clots. If it was me, I would try and rest as much as possible until your next scan, stay hydrated and avoid bd. That is not necessarily the advice all doctors would give but when I was in a similar situation that was what my most trusted obstetrician told me to do. Hopefully, it was a harmless bleed and you will be fine :hugs:
I've gone through natural losses and they usually progress quite quickly so if the bleeding does't get worse and crampy within 48h you are doing well! (Sorry for mentioning the worst case scenario but some people like to know what to look out for)

Wishing you all the best and keeping everything crossed for your bubba

Thanks petipas. I've just had another bout of spotting after bd, so we won't be doing that again. Just have to wait for tuesday now and see what happens.

Thanks petipas. I've just had another bout of spotting after bd, so we won't be doing that again. Just have to wait for tuesday now and see what happens.

I've had spotting that scared the bejeezus out of me after bd. They might have you do pelvic rest. Fingers crossed for a heartbeat at your next scan.

Had the scan they dated me at 6 weeks 5 days and we saw the heartbeat :) No bd until 12 weeks though :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->