Help help help

pinkprincess1

Reaction score
Hi iv just recently found out im pregnant (5 weeks ish).
i started a new job in a nursery like a month ago.
i have a 6 months probabtion period and there is no way i can hide it for that long.
i feel i should tell them for insurance purposes but im worried if i do what will happen since im in my probation period,
anyone got any advise please?
thanks

I'm not sure where you live, but in most countries (I know for sure in the US) they cannot fire you because you are pregnant.

If you are concerned for the safety of your pregnancy or something, I would tell them. But, legally, you don't have to disclose at this point in your pregnancy unless it is a safety issue.

I ended up telling my work at 9 weeks because I kept having to take sick days randomly because of severe morning sickness.

I wanted to let them know ithat was temporary and I was seeking treatment so that they didn't think that I was like a giant flake and fire me for being unreliable. They were understanding.

I hope that helps.

Seconding. Most western countries can't fire you because you're pregnant, though they don't usually need a reason when you are on probation. On the other hand, you may not be legally required to tell them before your probation is up even if you are showing. Check your local laws.

You might prefer to see how family friendly your employer is as well as this could influence your decision. (a family-friendly employer might still be supportive.)

PS: Guessing since you said you started working in a 'nursery' that you are from the UK. :)

Agreed with these ladies.

Are you concerned about being let go from the job or are you concerned about it not being covered by insurance? From what I understand, they can't consider pregnancy a preexisting condition, but your co-pays, deductible, etc can change so it would be important to find out the differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->