Help - How much and when?

nutnut33

Mother of 2
Reaction score
My LO is 18 weeks old and for the past 1 week have been giving him half a jar of baby food at teatime and a bottle..... When shall I increase to a whole jar, when shall I increase to more then one meal a day, when shall I introduce puddings as well... And should I be cutting out a bottle.. Advice would be greatly appreciated.... x

Well 1st off your baby will let you know how much he wants to eat , if he wants more then half a jar go ahead and give it to him :) my son sometimes still dosent have a full jar it depends how hungry he is and what it is lol

You can go to 2 meals a day once hes tried every fruit and veg so this way you know that the mixed ones are okay for him ..breakfast is a good start for the day offer cereals and/or fruit and for lunch you can give him some fruit or mabey a sweet veg like sweet potato! For pudding im not sure , most of them are 6 months +

As for the bottles dont cut out any unless hes ready ..my LO is on 3 meals plus snacks and still takes 5-6 bottles of 6 oz a day ..you will know when hes ready

Do you offer milk first then food ?

Hi
I always offer milk first and he drinks the whole bottle. He is currently having about 7 bottles a day of 7oz!! Doesnt go very long during the day between bottles which is why I am thinking and wondering if I should increase his food intake. He is quite a big boy just over 18lb! He has taken to feeding really well...... At what age did you wean your LO?

I weaned my LO quite young :) his first cereal was at 3 months on the dot ..
If hes drinking that much I would suggest trying him on lunch time and and see how he likes that :)

Most weaning charts will have them on 3 meals in four weeks.
If he's drinking that much though, I dont think it would hurt at all to increase his food.. when he starts eating more he wont drink AS much and his weight gain will slow. Alot of formula like that tends to put more weight on them.
You could try cereal in the morning, with your half a jar at teatime. Then if he takes to that well, stick with it for a few days and then you could do: breakfast-cereal, lunch-1/2 jar, teatime-other 1/2 of the jar.
Then just keep increasing the amounts of food during the meals after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->