HELP! How pregnant am I??

BabyFry

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Sorry in advance if this confuses you!

My LMP was the 8th April 2011 but I thought I also had a period on 30th April -only lasted a day and hardly anything there...

I felt strange since beginning of May but put it down to unwinding after our wedding and assumed my period was due on 26th May because of the bleeding on the 1st but around 20th May I woke feeling sick and like my boobs were going to explode so did and test and as it turns out Im pregnant!

I did one of the tests that tell you weeks and the first test (which I tested in the evening) came up as 5+ weeks then I did another in the morning and it read 1-2 weeks...

My mother in law thinks that my LMP was in fact the 8th April and what I experienced in the 30th April was infact an inplanation bleed meaning I am in my 7th week of pregnancy - obviously doesn't tally with the tests

Now for the confusing part! We didn't start trying for a baby until 14th May when we came back from Honeymoon so was I already pregnant??

My doctors can't see me until 2 weeks time so I have ages to wait for a scan which will obviously determine how pregnant I am but I can't wait until then!

Can anyone shed any light on how pregnant you think I am??

THANK YOU x

Sounds like you had implantation bleeding around the 30th, you very well could of been pregnant before hand, that is if you had that opportunity.

Thanks Chobette - we were on Honeymoon from 17th April so had plenty of opportunity although we weren't taking precautions we used our normal "rhythm method" - like we have for the last 5 years! Thats why im just so confused with the dates - it would just be so funny to think we bit the bullet to try for a baby and I was already pregnant! x

Understandable, that's how it works though. My DH and I were about to give up and go back onto our normal BCP this month when I missed my period (we we're trying for almost a year) and whaddya know, BFP. hahaha, such is life :) congrats

Agree, I'd say 30th was implantation bleed.

As for the tests... The further you get along in early pregnancy the more hcg you produce and for some reason tests have difficulty with high levels & will portray them as lower levels like a fainter line or your 1-2 weeks after a 3+. I discovered this by personal experience & so researched it. If you dilute your wee with some water and test that, I am pretty sure you will get a 3+ again! :) which will also help to confirm that you are definitely further than 1-2 weeks!

I agree with the implantation bleed theory, as well.

Congratulations, hun!!! :D

Also don't those clear blue work from date of conception and not LMP so add 2 weeks to the 5+ and you've got your seven!

To me it sounds like implantation on the 30th! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->