help! i dont know what to do...

rwllgoodchild

I love my son
Reaction score
Luke has ben suffering with colic for the past few weeks but today its got worse, i dont know what to do :cry:
All he's done since 8 oclock this morning is scream and feed. He's screaming non stop, then wants to feed so i put him to my breast, he feeds for between 2 and 30 minutes, falls asleep but as soon as i put him in his moses basket he screams the place down!

I just dont know what to do :shrug: he wont settle at all and im exhausted :cry:

Weve tried swaddling him, skin to skin and even just leaving him to scream but he just screams louder and louder!

I feel like a failure today :cry: :cry:

Can anyone suggest anything at all?? Im tearing my hair out xx

Sorry sweetie, I dont have any advice but wanted to send you hugs.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry I don't have any experience but didn't want to read and run, sending you hugs, I know it must be really difficult for you to deal with, I'm sure the lovely ladies with more experience will be along to help you xxxx

Have you tried a dummy? We were dead against giving LO one (naive first timers!) but he was and still is a really sucky baby. If he doesn't have one already, try putting your little finger (clean obviously) in his mouth and see if he sucks. We spent hours each night bent over the Moses basket like that before finally giving in and buying a dummy - he still has it now but only to get off to sleep and if he's getting grumpy in his pram or car seat. He was a colicky baby too and the HV recommended trying a dummy straight off when I told her we were having problems settling him throughout the day.

Hugs. Take a few minutes. Go to the bottom of the garden or somewhere you cant hear lo( if there is someone esle there of course). The go back and try everything again. And repeat until lo settles!

There is no easy answer but your state of mind is really important in times like these. Be good to yourself! X

Hun, your baby is still really tiny. If he falls asleep on you, maybe let him stay napping on you for now. He won't be making bad habits, so don't worry! Maybe he's feeling a bit overtired or even a little under the weather, and longer naps could help, even if they're not in the moses basket!
Also, if you feel it could be more than colic, take him to the doctors - if he's constantly upset, it could be reflux or something similar?
The first few weeks are so difficult, it took us until Scarlett was at least 6 weeks until we had a clue what we were supposed to be doing, so you're doing well! Just remember that LO has spent the past 9 months in your tummy, so it's going to take both of you some time to adjust, and cuddles are one of the best things you can do to make that easier! Forget the housework, going out, friends and anythig else, and just focus on making life easy for you and LO! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->