Help! I need to fix my eBay listings!

AerisandAlex

Mommy to 3!!
Reaction score
Okay, I really need the help of ANYONE not living in the US who has an eBay account and can see the shipping information in my listings...

I'm a powerseller on eBay and with that comes the nice little perk of talking with other powersellers on a strict board... but not even THEY know how the new 'Global Shipping Program' works!

I'm not trying to sell you ladies anything, promise, I just need to know what you're 'seeing' I'd do it myself, but I live in the US -_- all I see is 'Free Shipping' which is terrible because I need to know what potential international buyers are seeing.

So if you ladies could look and then write it down here you'd help me a bunch!
Okay so basically what I'm looking for:

- When you click the links, look underneath the price to the 'Shipping' Section
- Copy and paste what it says (you can edit the location if it's too personal, I'll understand, I'm just looking for the 'country') :)

Here are the links to 3 of the listings (just making sure the shipping matches, because if they're set up right, they should all have the same shipping costs :) )

Listing #1: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141063332268&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Listing #2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-iPhone...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item642a8348a0

Listing #3: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Ga...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item66799e14b1

Thank you girls so much.

I'm just trying to understand this new Shipping thing eBay started. It's called 'Global Shipping Program' and what it's 'SUPPOSED' to do is give people the option to have it shipped to an 'eBay' shipping center at Domestic prices (or so it says). It says the buyers have to be residents of certain countries like the UK or Canada (the biggest countries are included basically) so you girls should fall into that.

What I've run into is that, for example, I had a person from Ontario CA buy a case two days ago, the shipping cost was 'Free' when I looked at it and I shipped it to one of eBay's Shipping Center like I was told to do, and then they shipped it to the person who bought it...

But then yesterday I had another buyer from Canada order a case and they DID have to pay $6-$7 to have it sent there.. I found this really weird so I went straight to the eBay community Powerseller board to ask them just how the thing actually worked... I figured, who better to ask right?

Totally wrong! lol They have no idea and have turned my question thread into a huge debate and about customs and tax fees... half of them seem to think the way I do, and the other half seems to think that the Global Shipping Program double charges people, which I think is insane and if that's the case, I'll take it off lol

But yes, I just need some Non-US eBayers to look at them and tell me what they see in the shipping section pretty please! It'll really help me understand how this program really works and if it's hurting any of my buyers, thanks!

Hi I can't copy and paste but the listings were as follows

#1 - shipping $15.13 - import charges calculated $0
#2 - shipping free - import charges calculated $0
#3 - shipping free - import charges calculated $0

When I logged in it came up as
#1 - the same as before
#2 - shipping $15.13 - import charges $0
#3 - not availible in uk

Hope this helps? X

Hi, the first one says - $20.35 International Priority Shipping to Ireland | See details

Second one is - $20.35 International Priority Shipping to Ireland

Third one is -
Shipping: Does not ship to Ireland | See details

HTH xx

1 - shipping $15.13 - import charges $0
2 - shipping $15.13 - import charges $0
3 - not available in uk

Hope this helps x

$15.18 International Priority Shipping to Germany | See details

Item location:
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States

Ships to:
United States and many other countries | See details
Import charges:
$0.00 (amount confirmed at checkout)
Delivery:
Estimated between Thu. Oct. 24 and Thu. Oct. 31
Includes international tracking
Ships today if paid within 14 hrs 36 mins

Item 1 - Postage: US $15.13 (approx. £9.47) International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom | See details

Item location:

Post to:
Import charges:
US $0.00 (amount confirmed at checkout)

Item 2 - $15.13 International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom | See details

Item location:

Ships to:
Import charges:
$0.00 (amount confirmed at checkout)

Item 3 - Shipping: Does not ship to United Kingdom | See details

Item location:

Ships to:

US $15.13 (approx. £9.47) International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom

1st link
Shipping and handling US $25.64
Import charges (estimated) $0.00
To Greece

2nd link is same as above

3rd link does not ship to Greece :flower:

Item 1: $13.36 international priority shipping to Canada
Item 2: $13.36 international priority shipping to Canada
Item 3: Does not ship to Canada

Wow, thank you ladies so much, that really helped me, I'm going to have to really go back and look at all those.

I'm so surprised, they're all supposed to be same, so at the very least I expected to get the same answer for each listing, whether a shipping cost showed up or not, but something's obviously wrong, I'm going to go ahead and look into the listings and try and fix whatever it is, is wrong, and hopefully we'll at least get the same answer in each listing.

Okay.... I "Think" I fixed it....

Would you ladies be so kind and redo the three links and see what you come up with as far as the shipping goes please? ^_^

Postage:US $15.13 (approx. £9.50) International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom This amount includes seller specified US postage charges as well as applicable international P&P, dispatch, and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Postage Programme terms and conditions
| See details Item location:Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States Post to: United States and many other countries | See details
Import charges:US $0.00 (amount confirmed at checkout) To be provided at checkout This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Postage Programme terms and conditions
Delivery:Estimated between Fri. 25 Oct. and Fri. 1 Nov. Estimated delivery dates [newWindowTxt] include seller's dispatch time, and will depend on delivery service selected and receipt of cleared payment[newWindowTxt]. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.
Includes international trackingDispatches today if paid within 1 hr 50 mins Details

for the first two the last one is $15.19

All three now the same, they all say -
$20.42 International Priority Shipping to Ireland | See details

for canada
13.36 for the first two
13.40 for the last one

Wow, that's still a lot... used to be the Canada charge was only about $7...
I think I'm just going to remove the 'Global Shipping Program' All together... it should drop the cost considerably on shipping so I'm going to go ahead and remove it and lets see if that makes a change on the cost....

Thank you girls so much again, without you guys I wouldn't have ever known what was going on with these!

Okay, I have it removed all together... I asked a friend to look and she's from Canada, she's saying the shipping has dropped to about $7.... Is this what you are all seeing also?

Says this for me

US $9.45 (approx. £5.85) USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service | See details
See details about international postage here.

Item location:

Post to:
Worldwide

Perfect! Finally fixed it...

Okay, so anyone who lists anything, what I've figured out is that the 'Global Shipping Program' is terrible for anyone selling low priced items because the seller doesn't set the cost, eBay does and they charge them a TON of money to have it shipped... Although it offers peace of mind to the seller... it costs the buyer way more then it should and the seller has no control over the cost :p

So now that I see single digits, it tells me that I've gotten this fixed, thank you girls again so much for helping me to figure this all out ^_^

It's gone from $25.64 for S&H to Greece...to $9.45 so I guess it's sorted! :flower:

The GSP is a nightmare anyway. Read lots of reports of when you ship to the eBay mail centre (for them to forward for you) that they open packages and repackage them smaller with less padding so it's cheaper for them (pocketing the extra you've paid) leading to a lot of damaged and/or missing parcels :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->